GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Details of Meszaros's Deal

+6
Money Farmer
wprager
towelie112
beerandsens
PTFlea
rooneypoo
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31The Details of Meszaros's Deal - Page 3 Empty Re: The Details of Meszaros's Deal Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:11 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:
shubie isnt asking big money though

I know, but Jam's point is valid. I had heard he and Mez were two peas in a pod - neither wanting to commit fully to working hard.

If Murray axed Mez for that reason, why wouldn't he axe Schubert - especially now that we have a natural replacement for him - making the exact same salary.

32The Details of Meszaros's Deal - Page 3 Empty Re: The Details of Meszaros's Deal Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:14 pm

504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:

I know, but Jam's point is valid. I had heard he and Mez were two peas in a pod - neither wanting to commit fully to working hard.

If Murray axed Mez for that reason, why wouldn't he axe Schubert - especially now that we have a natural replacement for him - making the exact same salary.
Scooby could snatch us a 3rd, or even a 2nd deadline day

33The Details of Meszaros's Deal - Page 3 Empty Re: The Details of Meszaros's Deal Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:03 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:

Well you know where I stand on this one Heater. Schubie's salary, for everything he brings to the ice, is a freakin' Bargain; but if since I too have heard the stories of he and Mez being one in the same, perhaps Murray has trading plans for him which makes me REALLY nervous, depending on the return.

34The Details of Meszaros's Deal - Page 3 Empty Re: The Details of Meszaros's Deal Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:06 pm

Cronenbergfan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:

Well you know where I stand on this one Heater. Schubie's salary, for everything he brings to the ice, is a freakin' Bargain; but if since I too have heard the stories of he and Mez being one in the same, perhaps Murray has trading plans for him which makes me REALLY nervous, depending on the return.
If anything, we should wait until the deadline to access scooby

35The Details of Meszaros's Deal - Page 3 Empty Re: The Details of Meszaros's Deal Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Cronenbergfan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:

Personally, I only want Schubert here - despite his great contract - if he is playing D. Otherwise, I expect him to be a headache and a problem.
If he's forced up front or forced to sit, its time for him to go.

36The Details of Meszaros's Deal - Page 3 Empty Re: The Details of Meszaros's Deal Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

cash wrote:
Personally, I only want Schubert here - despite his great contract - if he is playing D. Otherwise, I expect him to be a headache and a problem.

That interview he did with the German paper, he mentions that he talked to Murray and was told he'll be given a shot at D. That's more of a head-coaching decision, no? In any case, if he's put back at forward I think there is potential for some serious mistrust. And it could spread.

37The Details of Meszaros's Deal - Page 3 Empty Re: The Details of Meszaros's Deal Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

cash wrote:says the Ottawa Sun.........................

Oh, that.

I finally read that article (I think it's that one). Garrioch simply throws that out without attributing it to any source.

38The Details of Meszaros's Deal - Page 3 Empty Re: The Details of Meszaros's Deal Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:11 pm

wprager wrote:
cash wrote:

That interview he did with the German paper, he mentions that he talked to Murray and was told he'll be given a shot at D. That's more of a head-coaching decision, no? In any case, if he's put back at forward I think there is potential for some serious mistrust. And it could spread.
what happened to players doing what their told? remember back when a player like Emery would get taught a lesson, instead of being allowed to continue? when players played for a love of the game, rather than the big bucks? what happend to the good ol' hockey game i grew up with, and dreamed of playing?

39The Details of Meszaros's Deal - Page 3 Empty Re: The Details of Meszaros's Deal Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:14 pm

Tukker wrote:
wprager wrote:
cash wrote:

what happened to players doing what their told? remember back when a player like Emery would get taught a lesson, instead of being allowed to continue? when players played for a love of the game, rather than the big bucks? what happend to the good ol' hockey game i grew up with, and dreamed of playing?
I think we now have a full complement of players who play for the love of the game. I'm more excited about that then I am about anything else.

40The Details of Meszaros's Deal - Page 3 Empty Re: The Details of Meszaros's Deal Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:29 pm

cash wrote:
Tukker wrote:
wprager wrote:
cash wrote:

I think we now have a full complement of players who play for the love of the game. I'm more excited about that then I am about anything else.
i agree with our team, but all these big contracts, requests for trades, holding out, its all so different from when i was a boy

41The Details of Meszaros's Deal - Page 3 Empty Re: The Details of Meszaros's Deal Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:53 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I think Schubert might ask for a trade to be honest. He's expressed he's deep desire to be a regular blue liner for how many seasons now? With the additions we've made and the subsequent log jam both on the back end and up front, there really aren't going to be a lot of opportunities for him to have a big role with this team, unfortunately. He's a great bargain for his versatility and all-around ability, but if there's no room for him then what?

He's actually a decent trading chip. He's still fairly young, big, mobile, heavy shot, can play all situations and often does, has decent offensive upside (possibly 40 point production) and is uber-cheap.

42The Details of Meszaros's Deal - Page 3 Empty Re: The Details of Meszaros's Deal Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:04 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I think Schubert might ask for a trade to be honest. He's expressed he's deep desire to be a regular blue liner for how many seasons now? With the additions we've made and the subsequent log jam both on the back end and up front, there really aren't going to be a lot of opportunities for him to have a big role with this team, unfortunately. He's a great bargain for his versatility and all-around ability, but if there's no room for him then what?

He's actually a decent trading chip. He's still fairly young, big, mobile, heavy shot, can play all situations and often does, has decent offensive upside (possibly 40 point production) and is uber-cheap.

It's a real issue, there's no denying it: counting Schubert, we've 8 D, 7 on 1-way deals and 1 (Lee) on a 2-way deal who's pretty much a lock. I can believe that we'll hold on to a 7th for insurance, but 8 seems unlikely. But even with 7 you've got potential problems -- and I'm presuming Nycholat is the odd man out, but who knows -- because then you've got Schubert and Picard fighting for ice time back there. Should be good for the team, granted, but I can imagine how Schubert might feel about it, especially if he's been promised a spot. Then again, Picard might not be too hot on having to sit for long stretches either, and presumably Murray hand picked him because he hopes to have him around for a while.

It's real dilemma. All 3, I believe, are subject to waivers, so if they started the season in the minors, they'd have to stay there except on emergency recall basis -- I can't imagine that they would make it through recall waivers. So it's either banish 1 to the minors, carry 8 D all year long, or move at least one of them.

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall in Murray's office for a few days to get a sense of what he's thinking about for his next moves... Smile

43The Details of Meszaros's Deal - Page 3 Empty Re: The Details of Meszaros's Deal Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:30 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Either way, all this summer of waiting around for Sens news to leak through and week after week getting nothing, at least we know that there is going to be a steady amount of news between now and October with regards to the roster.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum