GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boston - This year's flop?

+7
wprager
davetherave
PTFlea
beedub
SensFan71
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Boston - This year's flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - This year's flop? Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Boston has the right pieces. I can't see them floppin'.

Norris trophy defenceman with an under-rated supporting cast

Nice forwards with a combination of skill and size.

Great goaltending with a solid backup.

Good coaching.

Nice deadline pickups....

Good time to be a Bruins fan me thinks.

17Boston - This year's flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - This year's flop? Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:59 pm

caissie_1

Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:Boston has the right pieces. I can't see them floppin'.

Norris trophy defenceman with an under-rated supporting cast

Nice forwards with a combination of skill and size.

Great goaltending with a solid backup.

Good coaching.

Nice deadline pickups....

Good time to be a Bruins fan me thinks.

Same here... My only question mark is Thomas... I would not be comfortable with him but he's playing great. The Bruins are quite the complete team and should be fun to watch in the playoffs.

18Boston - This year's flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - This year's flop? Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:03 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down. You can read it in the Sunday Papers.

LOL

19Boston - This year's flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - This year's flop? Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:17 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I stuck my neck out on this one for sure. It's easy to say it'll be Boston - NJ in the East and SJ - Detroit in the West because those are the top teams. Does it ever happen that way? If so how often? I'm taking a chance that of those top 4 teams Boston is my choice not to make it. Of those four Boston has the most young guys having great years, currently in a slump and goaltending is only a question mark on the Bruins. Look at Philly 12-7-1 in their last 20. They're getting hot while the Bruins are 7-9-4 in their last 20 games

- Unknown Author

20Boston - This year's flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - This year's flop? Thu May 07, 2009 1:34 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down. You can read it in the Sunday Papers.

Prags said it all...

21Boston - This year's flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - This year's flop? Thu May 07, 2009 1:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:I maintain it'll be NJ coming out of the East, but it'll be a ferocious battle to get out. Unless something goes atomically wrong, it'll be Boston vs NJ IMO. Don't let a late season lapse cloud your opinion, this is a great team with Z. Chara and Julien as coach. Good things will happen.

Facepalm

22Boston - This year's flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - This year's flop? Thu May 07, 2009 1:47 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
504Heater wrote:I maintain it'll be NJ coming out of the East, but it'll be a ferocious battle to get out. Unless something goes atomically wrong, it'll be Boston vs NJ IMO. Don't let a late season lapse cloud your opinion, this is a great team with Z. Chara and Julien as coach. Good things will happen.

Facepalm

I was under the same impression as well Heater you're not alone.

I could point out all the times I'm wrong but I prefer to highlight where I am or potentially could be right Smile

- Unknown Author

23Boston - This year's flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - This year's flop? Thu May 07, 2009 1:56 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Facepalm

I could point out all the times I'm wrong but I prefer to highlight where I am or potentially could be right Smile

we all have wives or wives to be to point out when we were wrong, oh wait, uhh... oh boy. Facepalm BagoverHead

24Boston - This year's flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - This year's flop? Thu May 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Meh, I still say this was a successful season for Boston no matter what. They achieved more than anyone thought they could, they have developed some good young players, they got the HUGE Habs monkey off their back, and are still learning as they go.

It might be a bit if a disapointment if they go out in the 2nd round, but a flop? Naw. Still a young team with tons to learn.

25Boston - This year's flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - This year's flop? Thu May 07, 2009 2:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

:^^^^: That's a good way to go about it actually.

26Boston - This year's flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - This year's flop? Thu May 07, 2009 3:17 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:

Facepalm

Well, so far you're still good with Boston still being in it.

Jersey was a freaking shock to everyone (but me) I'm sure. Smile

27Boston - This year's flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - This year's flop? Thu May 07, 2009 3:19 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Facepalm

Everyone seemed to think Jersey was a sure bet for the Eastern Final because of Fraudeur.

28Boston - This year's flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - This year's flop? Thu May 07, 2009 3:28 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Facepalm

Everyone seemed to think Jersey was a sure bet for the Eastern Final because of Fraudeur.

I'm not sure why everyone was so sure about it. It was quite clear that he had lost a lot of his mojo by the time the playoffs had come around.

29Boston - This year's flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - This year's flop? Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:53 am

Dezza

Dezza
Prospect
Prospect

I have a mate in Boston and im planning a short break to visit him, so Boston is the team for me lol.

http://www.sportsdale.com

30Boston - This year's flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - This year's flop? Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dezza wrote:I have a mate in Boston and im planning a short break to visit him, so Boston is the team for me lol.

So you're from England, and your favorite team is in New England. Awesome Smile

Welcome to the site.

31Boston - This year's flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston - This year's flop? Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:37 pm

Dezza

Dezza
Prospect
Prospect

Cheers wrager im from Derbyshire have you ever heard of it.
Football team Derby County.

http://www.sportsdale.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum