GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy

+6
shabbs
sennies1980
dennycrane
asq2
caissie_1
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Ovechkin's 50th Goal Celebration

Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy - Page 2 Vote_lcap245%Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 45% [ 5 ]
Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy - Page 2 Vote_lcap255%Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 55% [ 6 ]
Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy - Page 2 Empty Re: Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:49 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I thought it was hilarious. Too much of a big deal is being made of this. If the other team doesn't like it, send a message.

17Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy - Page 2 Empty Re: Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:29 am

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore

At least 20% of players use illegal sticks, unknown how many use blood doping, which the NHL doesn't test for. There is no protection against head shots, which is the fault of players and owners alike.

Someone has a creative celebration for a milestone goal, and there are questions of respect for the game. I'm not a big fan of staged celebrations, but a little perspective is necessary.

Co-sign. :___:
I loved it once I understood what the Diddle he was trying to do. At first I thought he was doing some shaman dance or voodoo ritual, like he was worshipping his stick. When asked to explain it in the interview he said something along the lines of "...and make like it's hot hot hot" I cracked up. Hey, it's a milestone mark. Just don't do it nightly.

18Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy - Page 2 Empty Re: Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:33 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

I loved it. F**k Cherry and his toxedos.

19Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy - Page 2 Empty Re: Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:34 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

hey he scored 50 goals in 3 different seasons with the Caps, he is the most exciting player on the ice and he is making hockey fun to watch for the young kids again, unlike that whiner from Pittsburgh, let Ovie go and just enjoy the ride, if you don't like, go watch Sid the Whiner.

20Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy - Page 2 Empty Re: Ovechkin's 50th Goal Controversy Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I usually like Ovechkin's celebrations, but this one was just weak. Most likely *because* it was staged and rehearsed (at least in his head) as opposed to the off-the-cuff outlet of joyous energy.

Should anyone feel upset or offended by it? Nah. Maybe his team mates could pitch in and get him some "Interpretive Dance/Rhythmic Movement" lessons -- because that was just weak.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum