GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009

+22
PKC
Sp00nz
Acrobat
Bramlet07
KidKarlsson
caissie_1
Mojo
beerandsens
Mariposa Belle
Hockeyhero22000
jamvan
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SensFan71
SensGirl11
Cronie
Jordo
beedub
pgood
shabbs
wprager
davetherave
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

121Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Mariposa Belle

Prospect
Prospect

Dave - posted earlier but it did not seem to stick. It was a total team effort tonight as it was impossible to pick out extra baggage on the bench.

Jason Rolex frustrates me no end. Great move on the first goal, hand-eye coordination on the second and buries his teammates in thier own zone in the last minute of play by not getting the puck out. I guess that is the Price Montreal paid tonight.

I want more of Le Clou hammering his system into Les Senateurs.

122Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:37 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Thx 504H...yes, just got the HD unit and watched the HD RDS feed via Bell Express Vu...pretty good camerawork...some great shots of close up action. player reactions, and cutaways from both benches.

Have the NHL Centre Ice HD package as well.

Had no idea how much hockey in HD is truly AMAZING...
:D :D :D

123Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:51 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Congrats on the new toy(s) DTR. I've yet to make the jump to full HD...yet... Wink

God game by the sens, I missed the first 2 periods of play (checking out Joey Elias and Scott Faulconbridge live...GREAT show btw, my face STILL hurts) but driving home I switched it over to 88.9 fm which carries the team 1200 sens broadcasts and caught the last 2 mins of the 2nd and it seems the Habs tried to claw their way back... what happened? Did Elliott slip up or did we suffer yet another few defensive breakdowns?

I'm not shocked Price was pulled, but sad he couldn't stay in... LOL

124Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:04 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Mariposa Belle wrote:Dave - posted earlier but it did not seem to stick. It was a total team effort tonight as it was impossible to pick out extra baggage on the bench.

Jason Rolex frustrates me no end. Great move on the first goal, hand-eye coordination on the second and buries his teammates in thier own zone in the last minute of play by not getting the puck out. I guess that is the Price Montreal paid tonight.

I want more of Le Clou hammering his system into Les Senateurs.

Hey Belle...Cory Le Clou is DA MAN. His horsetrainer-honed message may be getting through to Jason Rocco. His Bingo Boys are setting the tone for the team. And the RDS crew couldn't say enough about Alfie's leadership.

Cory for Mayor.

Cronie=Sens still need some help on D. It appears Brian Lee is The Weakest Link.

PS Pierre Houde on RDS mentioned that Jason Smith's knee injury may be career-ending.

125Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:24 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The Best achievement this team had since Clouston came in is all those Defensemen shooting the puck from the blue line. Talk about metamorphosis.

126Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Elliott let in a couple that he should have had. D played a little too loose on more than a few occasions. Loved Shannon play at the end. Forwards blocking shots is something I'm not sure I've seen lately from this crew. Except for the PK, perhaps. Definitely not playoff hockey. Exciting game for the kids but if you're a fan of hockey that was too many mistakes. What a move by Ruutu but, seriously, what the heck was he doing? It worked, I guess, but still. I'll take the 2 points (away from the Habs) and Price getting pulled, and the resurgence of the PP, but that's a win they shouldn't celebrate too long.

Schubert has had a few good games in a row. I think it's time to send Lee down and bring up M. Karlsson for a few games.

127Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:12 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Prags, yes, Bri-El may have let one sneak by, but Latendresse was totally on his game tonight with his two tallies. Plus, the E-Man was solid when he had to be.

You didn't mention that Ruutu once again demonstrated how to take useless, stupid penalties...his other positives aside.

This was definitely not playoff hockey, but then these aren't playoff teams.

HD does make it look better though LOL.

Last edited by davetherave on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

128Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:16 am

Mariposa Belle

Mariposa Belle
Prospect
Prospect

wprager - I am a Senators supporter and read your post.

I remain a Senators supporter. The proof being sending Lee down to Sweden and bringing Karlsson up from the Land of the Free.

If they weren't playing hockey, what were they playing? Hurley?

129Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:17 am

Elliott was fine. People ALWAYS complained about Gerber letting in the bad goals at the bad times, and never making the big save. Elliott made the big save when he had to and has been most of the year. Elliott in all honesty has been the reason along with Clouston this team has seemed to turn it around.

Ruutu takes dumb penalties, but I love the guy, that kind of guy is important to a team like Ottawa and seems to fit in perfectly here.

Spezza played an amazing game tonight, and not just because he put up the points, its because he was RESPONSIBLE in the nutral zone and his own end. No one is asking the guy to be Kelly out there, just keep it simple, back check a bit, and to play sound positional hockey in your own end. But again, he plays well when thngs go his way...

130Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:18 am

Mariposa Belle wrote:wprager - I am a Senators supporter and read your post.

I remain a Senators supporter and am convinced that you are an idiot. The proof being sending Lee down to Sweden and bringing Karlsson up from the Land of the Free.

Mattias Karlsson plays in Bingo, and they have already said he will get a game or two up in Ottawa this year... so....

131Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:22 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Mariposa Belle wrote:wprager - I am a Senators supporter and read your post.

I remain a Senators supporter and am convinced that you are an idiot. The proof being sending Lee down to Sweden and bringing Karlsson up from the Land of the Free.

Different Karlssons. Wink

Want to retract the "idiot" statement?

132Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:32 am

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Spezza played great and of course it comes after I criticize him to death. We still saw a glimpse of the old or real Spezza during the last minute of the game though. He should have just flicked that puck out instead of trying to get Heater a goal.

Elliott was okay but he gave up some big rebounds and at times looked kind of shaky. Elliott is close but I think there are still too many question marks with him and that's why Leclaire was brought in.

Overall it was a good win. Any win over the Habs is always good win Smile

133Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:Thx 504H...yes, just got the HD unit and watched the HD RDS feed via Bell Express Vu...pretty good camerawork...some great shots of close up action. player reactions, and cutaways from both benches.

Oh yeah. I can't live without it now that I've seen it.

134Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Elliott let in a couple that he should have had. D played a little too loose on more than a few occasions. Loved Shannon play at the end. Forwards blocking shots is something I'm not sure I've seen lately from this crew. Except for the PK, perhaps. Definitely not playoff hockey. Exciting game for the kids but if you're a fan of hockey that was too many mistakes. What a move by Ruutu but, seriously, what the heck was he doing? It worked, I guess, but still. I'll take the 2 points (away from the Habs) and Price getting pulled, and the resurgence of the PP, but that's a win they shouldn't celebrate too long.

Schubert has had a few good games in a row. I think it's time to send Lee down and bring up M. Karlsson for a few games.

I thought Bell and Campoli were a disaster in their own zone as well. Lee was annoying as usual, but he wasn't my biggest concern tonight. Might be the fact that he was playing with Kuba the Rock.

I second the motion of using Schubert more on D. And I also agree with calling up M.Karlsson to get a look. I doubt he's any worse.

135Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:48 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:Thx 504H...yes, just got the HD unit and watched the HD RDS feed via Bell Express Vu...pretty good camerawork...some great shots of close up action. player reactions, and cutaways from both benches.

Oh yeah. I can't live without it now that I've seen it.

Yeah, and I'm STILL watching the games...went from Sens-Habs (flipping to the Panthers game during TV breaks) to Blues-Nucks to Sharks-Preds...

...now hopelessly addicted to hockey in HD LOL.
:pirat:

136Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Urkie wrote:Spezza played great and of course it comes after I criticize him to death. We still saw a glimpse of the old or real Spezza during the last minute of the game though. He should have just flicked that puck out instead of trying to get Heater a goal.

Elliott was okay but he gave up some big rebounds and at times looked kind of shaky. Elliott is close but I think there are still too many question marks with him and that's why Leclaire was brought in.

Overall it was a good win. Any win over the Habs is always good win Smile

Never fear. With Leclaire's injury history, Elliott should get a good number of starts. Smile

He was okay tonight, some goals to give the Habs some life, but he didn't get much help in the 2nd. One questionable goal that I can think of - and he gets to watch that DVD over and over to correct it.

Leclaire is nice to have coming in. Kind of a win-win, if he's good, that's great, if he gets hurt or sucks, Elliott's showing he has the goods to play a hefty amount of games I think.

137Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:51 am

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

I knew Campoli didn't play much but he only played 13 or 14 minutes. He must be in the dog house now.

138Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Day: Habs at Sens March 19 2009 Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:51 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:Yeah, and I'm STILL watching the games...went from Sens-Habs (flipping to the Panthers game during TV breaks) to Blues-Nucks to Sharks-Preds...

...now hopelessly addicted to hockey in HD LOL.
:pirat:

Yeah, I was watching the shootout in Phoenix. Boo (for the Sens). Started to get 'hockeyed-out' with the SJ/Preds game. Might go back to it for the end.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum