GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian Lee - Is he good enough?

+14
shabbs
davetherave
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
beerandsens
The Silfer Server
SensFan71
Jordo
Cronie
Urkie
PTFlea
strachattack
SensGirl11
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:20 am

I am not sure I agree with all of these assessments personally... but that's why we have forums like this. I certainly think he has some decision making challenges here and there. He certainly has potential though, not top 2, but he has potential. He is very teachable and that bodes well. He was trying to get a little bit more nasty (with Plekanec (sp?)) last night. He wasn't horrible that is for sure. The coaching staff wouldn't be giving him big minutes if he was as awful as described.

I guess I am the Paula Abdul of the judging panel though...

32Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:23 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:I am not sure I agree with all of these assessments personally... but that's why we have forums like this. I certainly think he has some decision making challenges here and there. He certainly has potential though, not top 2, but he has potential. He is very teachable and that bodes well. He was trying to get a little bit more nasty (with Plekanec (sp?)) last night. He wasn't horrible that is for sure. The coaching staff wouldn't be giving him big minutes if he was as awful as described.

I guess I am the Paula Abdul of the judging panel though...

well you don't have to agree with all of us, we are just jealous that Lee is playing in the NHL lol, hmm, paula abdul eh, were you ever a laker girl MOI? lol Ahhhhh!

33Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:38 am

SensFan71 wrote:

well you don't have to agree with all of us, we are just jealous that Lee is playing in the NHL lol, hmm, paula abdul eh, were you ever a laker girl MOI? lol Ahhhhh!

She was definitely hot back then....

Not bad even now as she slides gracefully into cougar-hood...

Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Paula-abdul-picture-3

Plus she has become a fan of the gun show, which I am particularly thankful for...

34Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:40 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

She was definitely hot back then....

Not bad even now as she slides gracefully into cougar-hood...

Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Paula-abdul-picture-3

Plus she has become a fan of the gun show, which I am particularly thankful for...

mmm a cougar that likes the gun show, now that puts her right up there on the list of women to Diddle Laughing3 I would definitely be up for it, imagine the flexibility :00:

35Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What's the "gun show", or is that a euphemism?

36Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:55 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Brian Lee got it from the crowd at SBP last night when he took his second penalty. Live, he didn't look much better than he does on TV.

Brendan Bell outshone him again, got two assists and the third star.

Last edited by davetherave on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

37Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:47 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:Brian Lee got it from the crowd at SBP last night when he took his second penalty. Live, he didn't look much better than he does on TV.

Brian Bell outshone him again, got two assists and the third star.
More time in Bingo or do we get what we can and cut the cord?

38Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:04 pm

paddygill

Prospect
Prospect

I agree Lee is not the guy right now. Move him to bingo and let him develop over the next few years. Anybody who beleives that Picard should be in the six position should be sent to bingo themselves.. It cant hurt to let Lee develop. We could trade him like we did with Straka and demitra because they have not reached ther potantial yet. If the right offer comes along...take it. If not he can develop in Bingo.

39Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:42 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

paddygill wrote:I agree Lee is not the guy right now. Move him to bingo and let him develop over the next few years. Anybody who beleives that Picard should be in the six position should be sent to bingo themselves.. It cant hurt to let Lee develop. We could trade him like we did with Straka and demitra because they have not reached ther potantial yet. If the right offer comes along...take it. If not he can develop in Bingo.

For Lee, there seems to be a real problem with confidence. Watching him live and on the TV broadcast, he looks VERY uncomfortable with the puck.

This means depth on D is once again an issue...it's not clear that Jason Smith will recover from (what appears to be) his recent knee injury.

40Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:52 pm

I tried to watch Lee closely last night. To me it is shift by shift inconsistency....

decent shift, decent shift, bad shift, good shift decent shift decent shift, train wreck...

He had some decent shifts last night but then he goes and makes a bad pinch in the offensive zone, someone covers for him so it was okay but then gets back down ice and takes a holding penalty in the defensive zone because he lost a battle for position... train wreck of a shift...

41Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:20 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

How old is Lee? 21? How many NHL coaches so far? 4 - he was with the big club rehabbing when Paddock was around. Don't forget the big love-in for Lee last year around this time.

I think he will improve over the next few years, but if you trade Lee and another piece for a top-6 forward, I'm all for it.

42Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:49 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:How old is Lee? 21? How many NHL coaches so far? 4 - he was with the big club rehabbing when Paddock was around. Don't forget the big love-in for Lee last year around this time.

I think he will improve over the next few years, but if you trade Lee and another piece for a top-6 forward, I'm all for it.

Lee is definitely a puzzle. But as you point out, the revolving door of coaches and getting yanked back and forth between Ottawa and Bingo--not to mention the media hype before this season which had him pegged as The Great Blonde Hope--can't have been good for him.

Then again, it's alll about 'managing your assets'. Is anybody mentoring this kid?

Last edited by davetherave on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

43Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:08 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would like to be patient with Lee but I'm also not against seeing what we can get for him as well. Don't forget we have a need for a #1 D man, plus we already have Kuba, Campoli, Phillips, Volchie, Bell and Smith. Then the farm has M. Karlsson and we also have prospects E. Karlsson and Patrick Weircioch as well as this years draft picks. I think we can afford to lose Lee if the right return is offered.

- Unknown Author

44Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:48 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I'm on the "send him out" side, but the only thing I'm leery about is that we gave up on Demitra a bit early...

45Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:02 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm not opposed to keeping him and playing the year out in Bingo next year. He needs more time to develop, he's not quite there yet. He's had some up and down games the past 5 games, more down than up of course. I see him getting more physical, which I like, if he can keep that up and just try to work on his own zone coverage, he should start to improve his play. 1 year in Bingo certainly wouldn't do any harm.

I'm hoping with the way the past month has gone for us, that Smith will be back next year, I hope this isn't a career ending injury. He would be a MONSTER right now with Clouston's system and with the way the team is playing, that's when he thrives. I truly hope he's back.

We do need 1 more defenseman to balance everything out though. Is Bell that guy? I'm not so sure I'm sold on him yet, but I can say that I'm starting to like him more. Mostly when he's not playing with Campoli in our zone though. Those 2 are brutal together. eesh!

46Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:31 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Smith being out could be a real issue if Ottawa manages to sneak into the dance.

I could be sold on keeping Lee in Bingo - it's like a constant reminder of what could have been, though - Kopitar, Staal, etc. Sort of like Henessey hanging around.

47Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:50 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

dennycrane wrote:How old is Lee? 21? How many NHL coaches so far? 4 - he was with the big club rehabbing when Paddock was around. Don't forget the big love-in for Lee last year around this time.

Columbus has a good group of young forwards... How about Lee and Hennessy for Vermette???

I miss that guy.

48Brian Lee - Is he good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Lee - Is he good enough? Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:53 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:Smith being out could be a real issue if Ottawa manages to sneak into the dance.

I could be sold on keeping Lee in Bingo - it's like a constant reminder of what could have been, though - Kopitar, Staal, etc. Sort of like Henessey hanging around.

yeah GM's really don't like being remembered of their mistakes, mind you, that GM that picked the butt monkey is long said and gone now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum