GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Laraque requests a trade

+2
SensFan71
PTFlea
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Laraque requests a trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Laraque requests a trade Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:11 pm

Dash wrote:Laraque is a classy guy, hands down. No reason for anyone to criticize him here. If he wants out, that should say something about the Montreal team.

Yeah he is a good guy. I think he is fairly one dimensional in what has become a diminished requirement around the league. I think he is a really good guy (as most tough guys are).

17Laraque requests a trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Laraque requests a trade Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:20 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

For sure, it's the "shut up and collect your paycheck" remarks that I take issue with. He has every right to not be happy. I think he was looking forward to playing for his hometown team and is upset that he doesn't get that chance. He deserves to play, and if there's a team that will give him a job, he deserves to play there.

18Laraque requests a trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Laraque requests a trade Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:05 pm

Dash wrote:Laraque is a classy guy, hands down. No reason for anyone to criticize him here. If he wants out, that should say something about the Montreal team.
Exactly what I was thinking. Its amazing how people will judge others despite being completely ignorant of the details.

This is likely because of the Kostitsyn situation. That team is in utter shambles. Its just like us last season...Its enlightening to see how drugs and unsavoury connections can do that to a relatively skilled team.

Character is what matters in these times and GL has character. Criticizing him instead of his team is plain stupid.

19Laraque requests a trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Laraque requests a trade Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:09 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It may be like our situation, but not quite. The difference is, there seems to be proof that there's trouble in Montreal (News outlets reporting with documentation) whereas it is all hearsay/speculation in Ottawa.

The closest thing to the truth that has come out of Ottawa is Brian McGrattan checking into substance abuse program a year after being removed from the team. Seems kind of circumstantial. Argue all you want (you know who you are, and I am almost counting on a rebuttal) but other than you and a few others, there's no evidence linked to any illegal or inappropriate activities in Ottawa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum