GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TSN2 and Rogers... the on-going battle

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TSN2 and Rogers... the on-going battle Empty TSN2 and Rogers... the on-going battle Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:56 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I was listening to an interview on the Fan 590 the other day on Prime Time Sports with some VP at Rogers talking about TSN2 and why it's not been added to their offerings yet (note: Fan590 is owned by Rogers). It seems TSN wants TSN2 added to the basic cable package so that it gets the widest distribution for advertising rates. Rogers does not want to do that, their reasoning being they'd have to increase the cost of everyone's package and they're "thinking of the consumer" - whatever. Rogers wants to add it to the Sports Theme Pack, which would also up the cost of that package marginally but would be easier to do. The VP indicated they've offered that to TSN from the start but TSN won't budge, and they won't budge.

I have a feeling we're not seeing TSN2 on Rogers anytime soon...

So silly.

2TSN2 and Rogers... the on-going battle Empty Re: TSN2 and Rogers... the on-going battle Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:04 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"thinking of the consumer"

Is that why we are stuck with channels that we don't want and have to pay premiums for the ones that we do want?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:"thinking of the consumer"

Is that why we are stuck with channels that we don't want and have to pay premiums for the ones that we do want?
Hilarious to hear them say that eh?

To get Discovery HD you have to pay for all of the science channels and the HD package. Who were they thinking of then? No worries though. I call them every month and complain about my bill. Eventually some poor bastard at the other end who barely understands my English as I barely understand his Indian English reduces my bill to the point that it is less than what I signed up for. One time I had a lady take $30 off my bill every third month for two years. I don't know why she did it that way but it just compounds the savings I get from the other morons phone operators.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:To get Discovery HD you have to pay for all of the science channels and the HD package. Who were they thinking of then? No worries though. I call them every month and complain about my bill. Eventually some poor bastard at the other end who barely understands my English as I barely understand his Indian English reduces my bill to the point that it is less than what I signed up for. One time I had a lady take $30 off my bill every third month for two years. I don't know why she did it that way but it just compounds the savings I get from the other morons phone operators.

Can you...come to our place and make some calls?

PS You're on fire today Murder. Second time I've LOLed at something you wrote.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum