GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's happening to the top teams??

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What's happening to the top teams?? Empty What's happening to the top teams?? Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:40 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Something bizarre is happening to some of the top teams.

Vancouver is now out of the playoffs on an 8 game slide with a
1-5-4 record in their last ten games. Luongo is back and they brought in extra fire power in Sundin so this one is puzzling to say the least. Will they turn it around? Is Vigneault the first casualty of this mess?

Detroit is on a 5 game slide with a 4-4-2 record with Chi-town now within striking distance. Is this just the beginning or just a hiccup?

Washington is below 500 on the road and is 5-4-2 in their last ten thanks only to their recent pair of back to back wins. Are they back out of their slump? Will they get better on the road now?

EDIT: (Thanks Marakh)

Montreal is barely above 500 on the road thanks to a very bad road trip. They're 4-6-0 in their last ten games showing no signs of coming out of this tailspin anytime soon either. Now with both Lang and Latendresse injured it certainly doesn't look good for the Habs.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

2What's happening to the top teams?? Empty Re: What's happening to the top teams?? Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:47 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

great point Clutch. And I said this very early in last year's off-season that Detroit in particular were going to suffer a serious slide.

If this keeps up, the post-season could be filled with underdogs and dark horses!

EDIT: Specifically in regards to Detroit, it seems everyone is now realizing that Osgoode, in a way, is no better than Emery: his stats reflect more upon the incredible D system in front of him rather than his actual goaltending ability.

3What's happening to the top teams?? Empty Re: What's happening to the top teams?? Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:52 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:

EDIT: Specifically in regards to Detroit, it seems everyone is now realizing that Osgoode, in a way, is no better than Emery: his stats reflect more upon the incredible D system in front of him rather than his actual goaltending ability.

And if I had told you last year that at this point in the season they'd be relying on Ty Conklin you would have looked at me like I had 3 eyeballs :D

- Unknown Author

4What's happening to the top teams?? Empty Re: What's happening to the top teams?? Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:57 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

And you forgot MTL, who lost Lang also in the process.

Sundin is just slow and terrible, and makes dumb penalties every game. Part of the problem in Van for now.

Detrot victim of the hungry and desperate teams in the west fighting for the last 3 payoff spots.

5What's happening to the top teams?? Empty Re: What's happening to the top teams?? Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:24 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:And you forgot MTL, who lost Lang also in the process.

Sundin is just slow and terrible, and makes dumb penalties every game. Part of the problem in Van for now.

Detrot victim of the hungry and desperate teams in the west fighting for the last 3 payoff spots.

Absolutely forgot Montreal. I'll edit them in. I meant to include them as well.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum