GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 12:30pm EST - Feb. 1st, 2009

+8
PTFlea
beerandsens
dennycrane
davetherave
TeamRenzo
asq2
Jordo
beedub
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

OK, here's the quote of the day. Alfie on the team's performance against the Caps (from The Citizen/Allan Panzeri--filed this afternoon):

"It's hard to say," Alfredsson said. "I mean, you're losing . . . and you obviously want to win all the battles, but I guess I didn't feel it was that bad an effort from our side.

Last edited by davetherave on Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This is gonna be one long 2nd half of the season if it's going to be like this game in and game out.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

There is clearly a disconnect between the players and Hartsburg. The contrast between Alfie's post game comments and Hartsburg's couldn't be more obvious.

Coach Craig: "The thing for us right now is that we have to play the game with a lot more pride than what we started this game with," he said. "You know what? (Washington) is a great team, and they exposed some things in us, but we have to take a lot more pride in ourselves as a team right from the start of hockey games." Just like he said when he was hired...

Alfredsson's comments had me confused. At first I was annoyed, but I think it shows just how fragile the confidence is in that room. Moreover (as you stated Dave) I think it exemplifies the disconnect between Hartsburg and his players.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:Alfredsson's comments had me confused. At first I was annoyed, but I think it shows just how fragile the confidence is in that room. Moreover (as you stated Dave) I think it exemplifies the disconnect between Hartsburg and his players.

It's like Hartsburg and the players are in two different worlds, isn't it? scratch

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Translation of what Alfie said:

You can't win a game against a skilled team like Washington with a Diddle terrible, immobile, ruined, sad, low hockey IQ defence like we have.

With that said, I Diddle hate Kuba - and right now, I'm thinking of mowing Phillips down after the game. I think our kids are okay, but Picard is a long way away. I'm sort of glad he got taken out, he's useless as tits on a bull right now. Dung man, hand us the needle, we're done.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:IF anyone can give me a good reason why Dany Heatley still got an A, I will virtually kneel down in front of him.

Because nobody else wants to take the responsibility for it...?
Heatley's stuck with it by default?

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Jordo wrote:Why on god's green earth is Foligno a healthy scratch.

I'm starting to hate Hartsburg

I think he's got a scratch dart board. Foligno's turn.

This season can't end quick enough.

We need a fast forward button.
Or a "simulate season" button. Just do it, and don't bother to tell me how it ends. I'll assume badly, unless told otherwise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum