GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian Elliot interview on XM NHL CI

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brian Elliot interview on XM NHL CI Empty Brian Elliot interview on XM NHL CI Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:41 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Flipping through the channels yesterday I caught the Brian Elliot interview on XM NHL CI.

- happy to be called up
- running out of clothes, he thought he'd only be up for a game or 2
- didn't know Gerber was sent the other way until he got here
- admits being under pressure from the "big stage"
- knows he has to be better, make key saves and control rebounds
- best friends with Danny Heatley's brother
- Heatley has taken him under his wing in Ottawa, shown him around etc, introduced him to the guys etc.
- Both Heatley's and Elliot went to the same school together, U of Wisconsin.
- best record at school was 27-5-2 in a 35 game season

that's all I remember

2Brian Elliot interview on XM NHL CI Empty Re: Brian Elliot interview on XM NHL CI Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:45 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's certainly not a concern that he'll be in an unfamiliar group and left to fend for himself at least.

- Unknown Author

3Brian Elliot interview on XM NHL CI Empty Re: Brian Elliot interview on XM NHL CI Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:47 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Flipping through the channels yesterday I caught the Brian Elliot interview on XM NHL CI.

- happy to be called up
- running out of clothes, he thought he'd only be up for a game or 2
- didn't know Gerber was sent the other way until he got here
- admits being under pressure from the "big stage"
- knows he has to be better, make key saves and control rebounds
- best friends with Danny Heatley's brother
- Heatley has taken him under his wing in Ottawa, shown him around etc, introduced him to the guys etc.
- Both Heatley's and Elliot went to the same school together, U of Wisconsin.
- best record at school was 27-5-2 in a 35 game season

that's all I remember

Nice! Thanks a lot for this!

4Brian Elliot interview on XM NHL CI Empty Re: Brian Elliot interview on XM NHL CI Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:52 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Since Elliott has been called up we've gone 3-1-1 taking 7 out of a possible 10 points. Not too shabby, but it's very very very early.

5Brian Elliot interview on XM NHL CI Empty Re: Brian Elliot interview on XM NHL CI Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:13 pm

sennies1980

sennies1980
Prospect
Prospect

I agree with shabbs, although he has been fairly impressive thus far, Elliott has a way to go before it can be determined whether or not he can be a starter for this franchise. Things are looking good though! The team seems to be playing a little more confident in front of him. You can see the love from the guys after big stops...ie) heater giving him love taps on the pants. The post game swarming and head butting of Elliott was awesome too, the guys are really happy with his play and genuinely want him to do well. Cohesion on this roster finally? It just may be.

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum