GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dennycrane writes: Columbus has acquired Jason Williams

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

From the Thrashers as per Kulka's Korner.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For Clay Wilson and a 6th.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=62905

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not bad stats really.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Guess that puts an end to the Sens/Columbus rumours.

Hopefully they're still interested in Kuba.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'm really terrified that this team is going to turn it around. It's much, much too late.

A turn-around at this point adds insult to injury.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:I'm really terrified that this team is going to turn it around. It's much, much too late.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, they've dug such a massive hole, it's hard to imagine them getting up to 9th or whatever.

If it happens, it happens though. What can we do?

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

IF it happens, then it will be a lot of fun to be a fan for the next few months.

2 in a row. I guess it was all Gerber's fault.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I am so deathly afraid that they're going to make a run for 8th, and end up in 9th/10th/11th.
And then we end up having to trade up to get a top five, instead of taking the one that's staring us in the face.

Dammit - when I want them to win, they lose, and when I want them to lose, they win.

asq2 wrote:I'm really terrified that this team is going to turn it around. It's much, much too late.

Yep, and with another win, we've now passed ATL in the standings. I'm not liking this. I'm all for giving Elliott a look, but not at the expense of a potential blue chipper.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I never thought this team would get a top 5 pick.

Don't let a 2-game winning streak against dog teams disuade you. Smile

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I've been selling Matt Duchene really short, I think.

He was very impressive in the top prospects game for me (switched back and forth) although his team lost big.

He can skate like the wind, has a solid scoring touch and didn't look small out there at all.

He looked like a centre Ovechkin, without the physicality.

He'd be a nice pick-up behind Spezza, I think.

So yeah, Sens, please don't **** up our hope for a top-5 pick.

We talk all the time about good teams having big production from guys either on rookie contracts or cheap deals, well this is our chance to have that.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Assuming the losing continues I would have to assume major changes to this team and a whole new direction. Do I want that? I'm not so sure. I want to see them work their nuts off and fight tooth and nail to try to get back in to the playoffs. They'll likely end up in 10th at best despite their best efforts anyway. Why would I want that?? Because it shows me we're not as far away from being competitive as people thought AND we don't have to totally blow up the team and start a minimum 5 year re-build plan.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum