GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tim Murray on Team 1200

+12
jamvan
TheAvatar
SensGirl11
dennycrane
TeamRenzo
shabbs
BigRig
Cronie
Riprock
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Tim Murray on Team 1200 Empty Tim Murray on Team 1200 Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:30 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

In his estimation the team has about 7 or 8 weeks to turn this around!

He gives the impression that the whole road trip will be an evaluation period and that a plan will be formulated if need be between the 7 - 12 January, depending on the performance of the team.

Weak.

2Tim Murray on Team 1200 Empty Re: Tim Murray on Team 1200 Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:33 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

less than 5 out of 8 wins, I would think the evaluation would result into a major deal at the trade deadline.

3Tim Murray on Team 1200 Empty Re: Tim Murray on Team 1200 Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:In his estimation the team has about 7 or 8 weeks to turn this around!

He gives the impression that the whole road trip will be an evaluation period and that a plan will be formulated if need be between the 7 - 12 January, depending on the performance of the team.

Weak.

What exactly were you expecting? Throw in the towel with 50+ games left? If that was the case I'd be pissed off. This team still has a chance to get it's Dung together - what would you propose he says or does?

4Tim Murray on Team 1200 Empty Re: Tim Murray on Team 1200 Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:35 am

I think he said 7 or 8 weeks is too long. For the most part people know the 8 game roadie is going to be the deciding factor this year.

The wierdest/most disturbing part of that interview was Murray talking about the salaries and contracts of certain players and how they have no motivation anymore. Harstberg was saying similar things about his big money guys as well. I dont know if I ever remember a coach and managment calling out the contracts and money certain guys make, EVER. I cant say 100% for certain they are talking about Spezza because he could very well be Heatley as well, but I'll take my chances with option 1.

Disturbing to say the least.

5Tim Murray on Team 1200 Empty Re: Tim Murray on Team 1200 Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=584804

Team chemistry - Inside the locker room

I have heard from a very reliable source (mods PM me for the info as I will not post it in the thread) that the chemistry in the Sens locker room is a source of major concern.

The source quoted a player in the room as confiding to them that he had been on numerous other NHL teams and had never seen a group of players who were so distant from each other emotionally. They are not a group of friends or buddies. The team does not hang out with each other very much off the ice, if at all.

The player in question was even apparently considering hosting some sort of party or get-together to try and stimulate some team-building, bonding, etc. I'm starting to wonder if this may have been part of the spark that got the mustache growing contest going.

Apparently, the team players are pretty much 'all-business' and the guys in the room are really not having much fun and are not a very close bunch of guys.

Now how does a GM or coach solve a problem like that?

I think this was pretty evident personally. The team isn't a 'team'.

6Tim Murray on Team 1200 Empty Re: Tim Murray on Team 1200 Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:46 am

504Heater wrote:http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=584804

Team chemistry - Inside the locker room

I have heard from a very reliable source (mods PM me for the info as I will not post it in the thread) that the chemistry in the Sens locker room is a source of major concern.

The source quoted a player in the room as confiding to them that he had been on numerous other NHL teams and had never seen a group of players who were so distant from each other emotionally. They are not a group of friends or buddies. The team does not hang out with each other very much off the ice, if at all.

The player in question was even apparently considering hosting some sort of party or get-together to try and stimulate some team-building, bonding, etc. I'm starting to wonder if this may have been part of the spark that got the mustache growing contest going.

Apparently, the team players are pretty much 'all-business' and the guys in the room are really not having much fun and are not a very close bunch of guys.

Now how does a GM or coach solve a problem like that?

I think this was pretty evident personally. The team isn't a 'team'.

Gee, some guys not liking certain guys in the dressing room.... shocked again.

7Tim Murray on Team 1200 Empty Re: Tim Murray on Team 1200 Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:46 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well, if this player has played on many other teams, it is likely someone new to the team, so I'm thinking Smith, Auld, Ruutu, Kuba or Picard.

And it's true, a lot of the friends are gone after being traded or bought out. So basically they killed the chemistry by trying to improve the lockeroom.

8Tim Murray on Team 1200 Empty Re: Tim Murray on Team 1200 Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:47 am

DashRiprock wrote:Well, if this player has played on many other teams, it is likely someone new to the team, so I'm thinking Smith, Auld, Ruutu, Kuba or Picard.

And it's true, a lot of the friends are gone after being traded or bought out. So basically they killed the chemistry by trying to improve the lockeroom.

What? They moved drug adicts to get character NHLers and they ruined the dressing room?

9Tim Murray on Team 1200 Empty Re: Tim Murray on Team 1200 Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:50 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I assume that player in question is Smith. It certainly sounds or seems like something he'd do, coupled with Picard's comments on the radio.

If things truly are this bad, and I'm not completely sold that the ROOM is lost (christ, I'm SO SICK of hearing that from last year till now) but there's obviously something amiss and the question is, can it be fixed?

From several local members, it's been said that a few players have been seen together going out for drinks and/or dinner, but just HOW close they are is still a question mark I suppose.

Either way, more doom & gloom news to an already growing steaming s**t pile.

10Tim Murray on Team 1200 Empty Re: Tim Murray on Team 1200 Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:56 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

All of this BS makes me tired.

11Tim Murray on Team 1200 Empty Re: Tim Murray on Team 1200 Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:59 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:Well, if this player has played on many other teams, it is likely someone new to the team, so I'm thinking Smith, Auld, Ruutu, Kuba or Picard.

What? They moved drug adicts to get character NHLers and they ruined the dressing room?

I think it's the "dead weight" Murray mentioned...I can't see how this is going to get better without the unloading of more of the junk that's been taking icetime away from the guys that really deserve it. Issues like that will easily split a team.

You've got 3rd and 4th line guys (Donovan, great example) that have given their 100% all year only to be watching as the top two lines (Fisher Excluded) have been gliding around making their money...

12Tim Murray on Team 1200 Empty Re: Tim Murray on Team 1200 Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:00 pm

504Heater wrote:All of this BS makes me tired.

Haha, the the most realistic thing you have ever said. We are all tired. Things need to change, it's as simple as that. Be it the team attitude, the players making the big cash, or players being traded. Something has to and will change.

13Tim Murray on Team 1200 Empty Re: Tim Murray on Team 1200 Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:27 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Would appear so.... if nobody likes each other other in there.

14Tim Murray on Team 1200 Empty Re: Tim Murray on Team 1200 Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:30 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Isn't this is the kind of stuff that falls on Alfie's shoulders though...

15Tim Murray on Team 1200 Empty Re: Tim Murray on Team 1200 Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:32 pm

shabbs wrote:Isn't this is the kind of stuff that falls on Alfie's shoulders though...

What is he honestly supposed to do. Force people to like each other? Force people to sign by a camp fire?

If players dont care, they dont care.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum