GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ottawa effect

+6
mattshock
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
The_Dude
Number Twenty Nine
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16The Ottawa effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ottawa effect Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:21 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

we need a team load of montagooses (montageese?), each with a remote controlled shock collar. Put those geese into the hockey pants of each player before each and every game......

"Spezza drop passes to no one.....ZAAAP. Shred!"

17The Ottawa effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ottawa effect Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:32 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:we need a team load of montagooses (montageese?), each with a remote controlled shock collar. Put those geese into the hockey pants of each player before each and every game......

"Spezza drop passes to no one.....ZAAAP. Shred!"

The Fighting Montagoose is like Big Foot. Is there more than one Big Foot? No need to know the plural since there's only one...or is there? I guess that's what the Fighting Montagoose Sighting Society is for? Wink

18The Ottawa effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ottawa effect Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:33 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Speaking of plural questions. What's the plural for the Computer Mouse? Is it Mice?

19The Ottawa effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ottawa effect Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:30 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I believe so.

"I've got two keyboards and three mice" sounds right to me.

20The Ottawa effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ottawa effect Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:36 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

How about Moose? One Moose, two Meese?

21The Ottawa effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ottawa effect Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:25 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:How about Moose? One Moose, two Meese?

Huh. What do you know about that. There's actually no definition for "mouse" (the PC variety) in the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), which is the authoritative dictionary of the English language. I guess they just haven't caught up yet.

Which is hilarious, now that I think of it, because I know they have a definition for "bootylicious," for instance...

22The Ottawa effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ottawa effect Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

Huh. What do you know about that. There's actually no definition for "mouse" (the PC variety) in the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), which is the authoritative dictionary of the English language. I guess they just haven't caught up yet.

Which is hilarious, now that I think of it, because I know they have a definition for "bootylicious," for instance...

What would drive you to look up "bootylicious"?

23The Ottawa effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ottawa effect Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:42 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

It's not like it's been around for 40 years or anything. Oh wait...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum