GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

McAmmond back to skating, Shannon in tonight

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

As per the Ottawa Sun;

McAmmond is back to skating, but won't play tonight.

Shannon is back in action.

Schuby to play D as Picard is still bothered by a wrist injury.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/12/03/7618281.html

Too bad about Picard, he is starting to grow on me. It is nice to see Shannon getting another shot though.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah Picard was really starting to impress me. After some Sober second thought could that Islanders game, at least in part, be blamed on the fact that we were without Picard, Donovan, McAmmond, Neil and had to rely on Lee on D? Just a thought.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Yeah Picard was really starting to impress me. After some Sober second thought could that Islanders game, at least in part, be blamed on the fact that we were without Picard, Donovan, McAmmond, Neil and had to rely on Lee on D? Just a thought.

Not enough shots on goal. Donovan and McAmmond play a good 4th line role in that they get the D tired chasing them around. They cycle and cycle and sometimes draw the opposition into icing the puck. Then out come the Three Amigos (can't call them Pizza or Cash now) against a tired bunch. If only Spezza could win a faceoff int he offensive zone they'd get more chances.

In summary, I don't think we can blame the loss on Lee vs. Picard, but the simple fact that we had 4 regulars out and additional line juggling because Fisher was back in. Washington is overcoming it (7 regulars out) but we are not playing well enough to do the same.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Schuby over Lee?

That's saying something.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

mattshock wrote:Schuby over Lee?

That's saying something.

Pierre this morning was asked about Lee. Basically he said that he doesn't think he is (or ever will be) an offensively gifted defenseman. And I'll add that he hasn't got the size to be a defensive stalwart. So he could become a serviceable NHL player, not probably never a top-four.

wprager wrote:
mattshock wrote:Schuby over Lee?

That's saying something.

Pierre this morning was asked about Lee. Basically he said that he doesn't think he is (or ever will be) an offensively gifted defenseman. And I'll add that he hasn't got the size to be a defensive stalwart. So he could become a serviceable NHL player, not probably never a top-four.

I am not sure about that evaluation. He played very solid last year in his stint with the big club. He made smart plays and was very poised. I am not sure what happened this year? Maybe he is a Tom Priessing in the making. Not exactly Bobby Orr but not too bad either.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I would rate the guy as having huge potential, but isn't looking likely to reach it. He's a gamble.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum