GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza signs endorsement deal with Reebok

+2
mattshock
pgood
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Whatever happened to Chag Kilger? Is he still plugging away in Toronto?

mattshock wrote:Whatever happened to Chag Kilger? Is he still plugging away in Toronto?

Got traded to Floirda, basically booted off their team because he is a mental case, not sure what is deal is now. Prob on the crack pipe, that guy was a goof from day 1.

pgood

Rookie
Rookie

hemlock34 wrote:
mattshock wrote:I knew he used a wooden stick, but was he the last? I thought there was one other guy in the league that still did.

I think Aucoin still does. There are a few from what I remember hearing.

According to Wikipedia only 16 players still use wood sticks including Spezza, Paul Statsny and Marcus Naslund.

Although as the article acknowledged Spezza now uses a composite/wood blend, the same style as Crosby.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I don't think anyone uses the same "style" as Crosby.

His stick has no curve.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
mattshock wrote:Whatever happened to Chag Kilger? Is he still plugging away in Toronto?

Got traded to Floirda, basically booted off their team because he is a mental case, not sure what is deal is now. Prob on the crack pipe, that guy was a goof from day 1.

I had thought it was family issues.

But my memory isn't very good.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

They (FLA) suspended him when he didn't report after taking a leave to attend to a "family emergency".

asq2 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Remove family from your comment and your bang on. The guys is a goof.

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

mattshock wrote:I don't think anyone uses the same "style" as Crosby.

His stick has no curve.

perhaps style was the wrong word... a better word would have been stick design, or stick construction I guess

being a composite shaft with wood blade... without getting into the specifics of curves and the nature of the curve, or lack thereof

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I knew what you meant pgood Wink

I just wanted to point out that Crosby uses a wonky stick.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:
asq2 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Remove family from your comment and your bang on. The guys is a goof.

and you know this how?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum