GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza signs endorsement deal with Reebok

+2
mattshock
pgood
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

as per TSN Jason Spezza has signed an endorsement deal with Reebok...

not too much else to note in the article, except the part where Spezza acknowledges that in a way he is fair game to the criticism he has received after signing the big money contract.

also of note is the fact that he has given up on the wooden sticks, and while he hasn't been able to convert to a one piece composite yet (tried it and didn't like it), he is using the composite shaft and wood blade combo.

perhaps, once he has some input on the new Rbk sticks he will make the full switch

all in all, mostly just a "kill some time" read

Good for him. Maybe now that he is a celebrity, the LA market might be more appropriate.

Dustin Brown and Thomas Hickey would do the trick :D

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I knew he used a wooden stick, but was he the last? I thought there was one other guy in the league that still did.

mattshock wrote:I knew he used a wooden stick, but was he the last? I thought there was one other guy in the league that still did.

I think Aucoin still does. There are a few from what I remember hearing.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

A dying breed it seems. Not necessarily a bad thing. I would like to see wooden sticks used by defenders on a penalty kill though.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I remember Al MacInnis saying he would NEVER use a composite or anything of the like, as he still holds the record for the hardest slapshot with a wood stick.

In fact, I could be wrong, but I seem to recall hearing and/or reading about McInnis shattering a goalie's mask off one of his point-shots... affraid

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

The man had a shot, no doubt.

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:I remember Al MacInnis saying he would NEVER use a composite or anything of the like, as he still holds the record for the hardest slapshot with a wood stick.

In fact, I could be wrong, but I seem to recall hearing and/or reading about McInnis shattering a goalie's mask off one of his point-shots... affraid

Was the composite stick available before MacInnis retired?? If it was, it must have just been introduced, but I think MacInnis retired before they introduced the one composite we all "know and love" today.

pgood wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:I remember Al MacInnis saying he would NEVER use a composite or anything of the like, as he still holds the record for the hardest slapshot with a wood stick.

Was the composite stick available before MacInnis retired?? If it was, it must have just been introduced, but I think MacInnis retired before they introduced the one composite we all "know and love" today.

They were around for sure, Ive been using a one piece since 2002-2003.

I thought for sure that record (at least at the All-Star game's hardest shot comp) belonged to Al Iafrate at 105.2. I know Chad Kilger holds the record using any stick at 106.6 though.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock34 wrote:

I thought for sure that record (at least at the All-Star game's hardest shot comp) belonged to Al Iafrate at 105.2. I know Chad Kilger holds the record using any stick at 106.6 though.

Ah, I stand corrected. Thanks Hem.

hemlock34 wrote:

Thats rediculous. Ive taken a 90 plus MPH slapshot off the inside of my leg and I welcomed death. Thats not even right to shoot a puck that hard.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Whatever happened to Chag Kilger? Is he still plugging away in Toronto?

mattshock wrote:Whatever happened to Chag Kilger? Is he still plugging away in Toronto?

Got traded to Floirda, basically booted off their team because he is a mental case, not sure what is deal is now. Prob on the crack pipe, that guy was a goof from day 1.

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

hemlock34 wrote:
mattshock wrote:I knew he used a wooden stick, but was he the last? I thought there was one other guy in the league that still did.

I think Aucoin still does. There are a few from what I remember hearing.

According to Wikipedia only 16 players still use wood sticks including Spezza, Paul Statsny and Marcus Naslund.

Although as the article acknowledged Spezza now uses a composite/wood blend, the same style as Crosby.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum