GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Luke Richardson

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Luke Richardson Empty Luke Richardson Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:35 am

Why is Murray allowing Richardson to eat 500K of Cap space to be a cheerleader/coach. Either have him retire or move him to Bingo as player/assistant now that Bell is in the show (I used that term to lure nans back).

2Luke Richardson Empty Re: Luke Richardson Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:14 pm

Only option is to move him down to the farm. If he retires that contract still counts against the cap because he was over 35 when he signed it.

Although I'll agree I take issue with him still being here and not being used. I could justify it when Lee, Schubert and Picard were playing (have a vet help them to learn) but...

A) You have Philips and Smith for that role,
B) Lee and Schubert arn't playing now.

3Luke Richardson Empty Re: Luke Richardson Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:16 pm

Richardson is being groomed for a coaches role and is a good guy to jump in if Smith or Phillips cant go for a game or two. He has an ear piece in every game talking to Hartsberg and the other coaches.

Leave it alone, its a 1 year contract at 500K, not a huge deal for what could very well be a good coach next year and going forward.

4Luke Richardson Empty Re: Luke Richardson Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:21 pm

Laker

Laker
Prospect
Prospect

Dawg's Wife wrote:Only option is to move him down to the farm. If he retires that contract still counts against the cap because he was over 35 when he signed it.

Although I'll agree I take issue with him still being here and not being used. I could justify it when Lee, Schubert and Picard were playing (have a vet help them to learn) but...

You can't move him to the farm either ... the salary would still count against the cap.

5Luke Richardson Empty Re: Luke Richardson Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:25 pm

In terms of cap hit your right. 500k shouldn't make or break this team. The Sens ability to add that top 6 forward or PMD won't be hindered by Richardsons contract.

6Luke Richardson Empty Re: Luke Richardson Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:25 pm

Huh.....he has a 2 way contract...his 500 k wouldn't count against the cap if he was sent down...

7Luke Richardson Empty Re: Luke Richardson Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:28 pm

Bigger picture here people, we r talking about a 1 year deal, at 500K....

8Luke Richardson Empty Re: Luke Richardson Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:50 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Richardson is being groomed for a coaches role and is a good guy to jump in if Smith or Phillips cant go for a game or two. He has an ear piece in every game talking to Hartsberg and the other coaches.

Leave it alone, its a 1 year contract at 500K, not a huge deal for what could very well be a good coach next year and going forward.

I agree 100%.

9Luke Richardson Empty Re: Luke Richardson Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:51 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Laker wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:Only option is to move him down to the farm. If he retires that contract still counts against the cap because he was over 35 when he signed it.

You can't move him to the farm either ... the salary would still count against the cap.

It's a two-way deal. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't count (unless you know something I don't).

That said, he isn't waiver exempt and would still have to pass (not that I think he'd be claimed).

10Luke Richardson Empty Re: Luke Richardson Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:37 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Bigger picture here people, we r talking about a 1 year deal, at 500K....
500K now is equal to 1.5 at the deadline. If the team turns it around it could be useful. As for grooming him to be a coach, why can't he do that in the A.

11Luke Richardson Empty Re: Luke Richardson Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:06 pm

RobbyJ wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Bigger picture here people, we r talking about a 1 year deal, at 500K....
500K now is equal to 1.5 at the deadline. If the team turns it around it could be useful. As for grooming him to be a coach, why can't he do that in the A.

Because they want him up here with the guys he knows and has played with. No one knows better what kind of guys they have inthe locker room than he does.

500K is still not a huge amount and if you think this team is going to turn it around with the guys we have here, its not gonna happen. Sure, the Sens played well better but they still lost to a team struggling almost as bad as we were. We have 1 win in 5 divisional.

12Luke Richardson Empty Re: Luke Richardson Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:22 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

Because they want him up here with the guys he knows and has played with. No one knows better what kind of guys they have inthe locker room than he does.

500K is still not a huge amount and if you think this team is going to turn it around with the guys we have here, its not gonna happen. Sure, the Sens played well better but they still lost to a team struggling almost as bad as we were. We have 1 win in 5 divisional.

Ok so I think Luke is a great guy. Great....

Luke came here last year, locker room guy, played beyond expectations yadda, yadda, yadda... Don't forget that these were the two worst seasons (this one so far) in recent history. I am not blaming Luke by any stretch but I am saying that he hasn't done anything to prove that he is a positive influence. There is just no evidence to that effect. None. Sure his dad played on a line with Brian Murray when they were young but enough is enough with the perception that he is somehow a difference maker in the room.

13Luke Richardson Empty Re: Luke Richardson Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, Luke's going to Bingo around the trade deadline. Count on it. That money can be used for something we need.

14Luke Richardson Empty Re: Luke Richardson Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:07 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I doubt he'll play down there, but if they need the space, he's definitely an extra $500k. I'm sure he knows his role. I've never heard a peep of him complaining about his icetime.

15Luke Richardson Empty Re: Luke Richardson Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:10 pm

mattshock wrote:I doubt he'll play down there, but if they need the space, he's definitely an extra $500k. I'm sure he knows his role. I've never heard a peep of him complaining about his icetime.

He hasnt, what 500K will free up wont solve this teams problems. People have to start looking at the big picture in Ottawa because if they think this year is going to be pretty, its not.

People have said this could be a long year, and its looking like it will be. Richardson being traded is not going to happen. Its a pointless move, he doesnt say a word about his ice time, and is a good guy to stay out there after practice, help the guy so on.

500K for what Richardson brings off the ice is well worth it. Its like we are in a cap crunch here, are we going to be brining in a 6 million dollar player without one going the other way, haha not a chance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum