GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oakland A's - Damn you!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oakland A's - Damn you! Empty Oakland A's - Damn you! Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=255431&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_mlb

Getting one of the best baseball players in the world right now for spare parts. I want him and I want him bad. Damn it!

2Oakland A's - Damn you! Empty Re: Oakland A's - Damn you! Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:09 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Turn based sports just don't do it for me.

3Oakland A's - Damn you! Empty Re: Oakland A's - Damn you! Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mattshock wrote:Turn based sports just don't do it for me.

Yeah...But dude...he's the equivalent of Rick Nash.

4Oakland A's - Damn you! Empty Re: Oakland A's - Damn you! Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:19 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I tried to get intersted in baseball. I legitimately did. I followed the Rockies a bit during their wildcard playoff run a while back. I could never sit through an entire game.

5Oakland A's - Damn you! Empty Re: Oakland A's - Damn you! Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have a hard time sitting through a full game for sure. I like it on a Sunday afternoon though, but I watch half usually. Smile

6Oakland A's - Damn you! Empty Re: Oakland A's - Damn you! Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:27 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I prefer football. It's turn based, but at least there's the potential for interceptions.

7Oakland A's - Damn you! Empty Re: Oakland A's - Damn you! Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:43 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

And as usual, Ricciardi is standing aloof 'cherry-picking' players off of the waivers.

For God's sake man, add a decent bat to the lineup.

8Oakland A's - Damn you! Empty Re: Oakland A's - Damn you! Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yes! Do it!

9Oakland A's - Damn you! Empty Re: Oakland A's - Damn you! Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:23 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

And because its the A's he will probably be auctioned off at the deadline.

10Oakland A's - Damn you! Empty Re: Oakland A's - Damn you! Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bramlet07 wrote:And because its the A's he will probably be auctioned off at the deadline.

There seems to be some serious talk that they will trade for him, then trade him to another team at the deadline. They can't afford him next year. Boo. This is a SUPERstar that the Jays could certainly use. Move Snider to DH.

Oh well...too late now, unless that idiot JP has something up his sleeve.

11Oakland A's - Damn you! Empty Re: Oakland A's - Damn you! Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:31 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:And because its the A's he will probably be auctioned off at the deadline.

There seems to be some serious talk that they will trade for him, then trade him to another team at the deadline. They can't afford him next year. Boo. This is a SUPERstar that the Jays could certainly use. Move Snider to DH.

Well he did play at Coors Field. I wonder what his stats are Home vs. Away

12Oakland A's - Damn you! Empty Re: Oakland A's - Damn you! Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bramlet07 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Well he did play at Coors Field. I wonder what his stats are Home vs. Away

Quite true, but he's not really a bonafide power hitter. He'll win a batting title at some point - soon I would imagine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum