GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Faith in Humankind restored

+2
mattshock
Cap'n Clutch
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Faith in Humankind restored - Page 2 Empty Re: Faith in Humankind restored Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:38 pm

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:Isn't there a way you can bet on all the games happening that night, and if you pick the winners all correctly you win? I think my buddy used to do something like that. I figure I could be right more or less half the time if it were just 3 matchups or so.

Yeah it's really easy to win in Pro-line, but very hard to make good money as in, If you only bet on 3 games, your chances of winning are high, but on a $5 bet your return will be like $15... Better than nothing, but really not worth if you lose a few close ones...

17Faith in Humankind restored - Page 2 Empty Re: Faith in Humankind restored Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:48 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

It's worth it in that it makes the games more interesting. Poker would be an aweful game without real money at stake. Hockey is already fun to watch, but having a vested financial interest (no matter how significant), can still be fun. I've seen some pretty intense $2 poker matches.

18Faith in Humankind restored - Page 2 Empty Re: Faith in Humankind restored Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:50 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Any of you guys remember the fiasco of european footbal (soccer) and pro-line or some derivative.

Basically, it lasted about a week at the most, but because of the time difference, people were able to score tickets for matches well after the scores were available online... I knew a few people who made some serious coin before the jig was up! LOL Good times...

19Faith in Humankind restored - Page 2 Empty Re: Faith in Humankind restored Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:56 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Any of you guys remember the fiasco of european footbal (soccer) and pro-line or some derivative.

Basically, it lasted about a week at the most, but because of the time difference, people were able to score tickets for matches well after the scores were available online... I knew a few people who made some serious coin before the jig was up! LOL Good times...

Yeah now they have it again, but they close real early now.. Like a few days before the actual match...

They tried doing that with American Football last year, all the picks had to be in by thursday.. They scrapped it pretty quickly, because people stopped playing it... How can you bet on a game if you don't know who's starting or injuries... They need to make that betting goes right up until game time...

20Faith in Humankind restored - Page 2 Empty Re: Faith in Humankind restored Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:23 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

It has to be up until the game starts. I see no issues with it being up until the puck drops. If you can interpret one way or another from the warmup, good for you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum