GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question for you guys

+6
Cap'n Clutch
Aetherial
shabbs
wprager
LethalLehner
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Question for you guys - Page 4 Empty Re: Question for you guys Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:59 am

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

I might just stick with the Slingbox + local coverage for a while.

I'm used to Dean + Gord anyways.

47Question for you guys - Page 4 Empty Re: Question for you guys Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:48 am

Aetherial

Rookie
Rookie

mattshock wrote:Really? What's been so bad with CI?

I was considering getting it.

Honestly, if I was deciding how to spend my money, it would go towards a PVR instead of CI.

The PVR is magic. You will never want to watch regular TV again and wait through commercials!

CI is OK, but I find I can only watch so much hockey, and I only really am interested, or care about a handful of teams (NE Teams)... so CI seems like a gigantic waste of money.

48Question for you guys - Page 4 Empty Re: Question for you guys Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:55 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:For me I hate Satelite with a passion. I know my Cable channels and I love being able to browse by different themes and titles which you can't do with Satelite. I don't know about you but I really don't want to have to memorize 500 channels.

But with a PVR you rarely have to memorize anything beyond 128 (CBC-HD for HNIC -- or 513 or whatever it is in the 500s), 501 (SNet-HD) and 502 (if you have TSN-HD). The rest you find your program once, set the PVR to record all and you're alomst done. Just monitor the program name changes (I know tricks that help). Terminator did not record last night -- this is the fourth time this season that the program name has changed. I'm going to complain and ask for free time-shifting of the US networks. I used to have them but they switched me over to VIP, and I now only have West-coast (umm, left-coast?) feeds for Canadian networks.

49Question for you guys - Page 4 Empty Re: Question for you guys Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:56 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Aetherial wrote:
mattshock wrote:Really? What's been so bad with CI?

I was considering getting it.

Honestly, if I was deciding how to spend my money, it would go towards a PVR instead of CI.

The PVR is magic. You will never want to watch regular TV again and wait through commercials!

CI is OK, but I find I can only watch so much hockey, and I only really am interested, or care about a handful of teams (NE Teams)... so CI seems like a gigantic waste of money.

Yeah exactly, that is what i'm starting to realize... I'm pretty sure i'll be making the switch pretty soon...

50Question for you guys - Page 4 Empty Re: Question for you guys Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:23 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Aetherial wrote:CI is OK, but I find I can only watch so much hockey, and I only really am interested, or care about a handful of teams (NE Teams)... so CI seems like a gigantic waste of money.
CI is most beneficial for people that want to watch their favourite team when they're not in the coverage area. This is my situation. I live in Toronto but follow the Sens. The only way I can really see any Sens games is via CI. It's a price I'm willing to pay.

This year, with TSN2 and all it's "exclusive" games and the NHL Network stepping up it's coverage, CI does not get as much of the pie as it used to.

I still have not seen a broadcast schedule for CI.

51Question for you guys - Page 4 Empty Re: Question for you guys Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:43 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Nothing good seems to be coming from TSN2...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum