GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Khabibulin's value going up

+6
mattshock
wprager
Riprock
TheAvatar
Hayden
beedub
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Khabibulin's value going up - Page 2 Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:53 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

He hasn't tried hard enough to get rid of him and I think that he's hesitant because he made a mistake in Huet. He could easily trade Khabibulin if he was willing to take back someone else (can't see why a Gerber for 'Bulin trade would not go down), or he could try re-entry. He's obviously wanting too much in return or he realizes he made a mistake signing Huet.

17Khabibulin's value going up - Page 2 Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:31 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:He hasn't tried hard enough to get rid of him and I think that he's hesitant because he made a mistake in Huet. He could easily trade Khabibulin if he was willing to take back someone else (can't see why a Gerber for 'Bulin trade would not go down), or he could try re-entry. He's obviously wanting too much in return or he realizes he made a mistake signing Huet.

I don't think Huet is as bad as you're describing him.

His save % in the last 4 years vary between .916 and .936.

He's been better than anyone we've had in the last x years ...

18Khabibulin's value going up - Page 2 Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:32 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:He hasn't tried hard enough to get rid of him and I think that he's hesitant because he made a mistake in Huet. He could easily trade Khabibulin if he was willing to take back someone else (can't see why a Gerber for 'Bulin trade would not go down), or he could try re-entry. He's obviously wanting too much in return or he realizes he made a mistake signing Huet.

I'd like whatever you've been taking...Huet is better than Gerber. Period. Hardly better than any goalie we've had in the last x years....

19Khabibulin's value going up - Page 2 Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:39 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Feel free to help yourself to a glass of red wine (best zinfandel at $10 or so - Dancing bull) but I'm not sure what your point is ...

20Khabibulin's value going up - Page 2 Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:50 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I never said Huet was bad, just responding to someone saying that perhaps Huet was going to be moved so they can keep Khabi, and I was merely pointing out the absurdity of such a move.

21Khabibulin's value going up - Page 2 Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:47 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

I'd like whatever you've been taking...Huet is better than Gerber. Period. Hardly better than any goalie we've had in the last x years....

Absolutley agree.. Huet is not the answer for Ottawa.. He's got a rap for letting goals in at the wrong times too.. Exactly what we don't need..

22Khabibulin's value going up - Page 2 Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:37 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
PKC wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

Absolutley agree.. Huet is not the answer for Ottawa.. He's got a rap for letting goals in at the wrong times too.. Exactly what we don't need..

More of the same - great! I'll pass.

23Khabibulin's value going up - Page 2 Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:20 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I've never been a big Huet fan, and feel he's overpayed. For the term on his deal, I say pass!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum