GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - GAME 1 - Toronto Maple Leafs vs Ottawa Senators - (NO CROSSCHECKING THE LEAFS PLEASE) - 2021

+4
wprager
Ev
Hobiesens
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Very enjoyable game. I skied for a win and they delivered.

Zaitsev with some bad giveaways but then made up for them.

I’m not gonna start saying who should be taken out or played again. Especially guys that have never played on the team or guys that haven’t played in two years. It’s the first game. Let’s give it a few games no?

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Beer

spader

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Loved the swagger tonight. Batherson and Norris took huge strides since last season, and Stutzle didn't look out of place. Also like Watson's game.

I can certainly live without Paquette, Zaitsev and Josh Brown though. Gudbranson did okay.

I thought Bath and Norris were awesome. I'm hoping to see White in for Paquette tomorrow.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Brady, Chabot, Batherson, and Paul.

I'd have to give #1 to Paul. He was solid all the way through, probably the only one. Even Brady and Chabby had brain farts early on.

Wolanin had the worst game. Like really awful. I hope he plays tonight. Time for DJ to let him know he believes in him and let him build some confidence. One thing I worry about with DJ (maybe it's pandemic issues) but I hope he talks to these young guys so they know where they're at. Colin White saying he hasn't talked to the coach is concerning but who knows what that is.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I thought Batherson was our best player. His improvement from last year is insane. Norris played well too but it was evident that this is a tough matchup for him. I expect players like him and Stutzle to excel in games against Calgary , Vancouver, etc.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vandelay wrote:Brady, Chabot, Batherson, and Paul.

I'd have to give #1 to Paul.  He was solid all the way through, probably the only one.  Even Brady and Chabby had brain farts early on.

Wolanin had the worst game.  Like really awful.  I hope he plays tonight.  Time for DJ to let him know he believes in him and let him build some confidence.  One thing I worry about with DJ (maybe it's pandemic issues) but I hope he talks to these young guys so they know where they're at.  Colin White saying he hasn't talked to the coach is concerning but who knows what that is.

Hmmm...i find it hard to believe the coaches didn't explain why he was out of this game, but i hope he talks to them. It'll obviously be important in the long run.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Beer

What’s good spader!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vandelay wrote:Brady, Chabot, Batherson, and Paul.

I'd have to give #1 to Paul. He was solid all the way through, probably the only one. Even Brady and Chabby had brain farts early on.

Wolanin had the worst game. Like really awful. I hope he plays tonight. Time for DJ to let him know he believes in him and let him build some confidence. One thing I worry about with DJ (maybe it's pandemic issues) but I hope he talks to these young guys so they know where they're at. Colin White saying he hasn't talked to the coach is concerning but who knows what that is.

I don’t think that’s an issue. He’s known as a players coach kind of guy. As for Wolanin, I think I’d play him again too, since we won. If he is bad again then for sure bench him next game

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think you can swap him and not hurt his confidence. He hasn't played for a long time. Maybe every 2nd game for a while isn't a bad idea.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lol, J Brown looked good too. I dont think i was seeing things, he was blocking and hitting everything, plus he's decently mobile.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Toronto looked considerably slower in the second half of the game. Matthews just didn't have the same zip he had in the first. Wonder if conditioning could be an issue.

Simmonds sure didn't want to fight Watson but tried to get it going with Brady. I guess they found out quickly these aren't the Montreal Canadiens.

Zaitsev was fine. Wolanin - did he even play in the third?

Stützle was a little tentative, but looked to be getting a little more confidence later in the game.

Much tougher game tonight.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Toronto looked considerably slower in the second half of the game. Matthews just didn't have the same zip he had in the first. Wonder if conditioning could be an issue.

Simmonds sure didn't want to fight Watson but tried to get it going with Brady. I guess they found out quickly these aren't the Montreal Canadiens.

Zaitsev was fine. Wolanin - did he even play in the third?  

Stützle was a little tentative, but looked to be getting a little more confidence later in the game.

Much tougher game tonight.

Wolanin was benched in the third.

Simmonds doesn't want to go with Tkachuk, what a silly boy.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Reilly in for Wolanin. Not very surpsirinf

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Reilly in for Wolanin. Not very surpsirinf

White not in? I'm quite surprised.

Sponsored content