GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT#21: Panthers @ Senators: 7:30 PM, Nov 19

+2
wprager
tim1_2
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t see why Stone won’t sign. He’s the leader and loves it here. This isn’t a Karlsson situation in my mind.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

We should put aside a little for Bobrovski.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What I think will happen with the goaltending post-Anderson is that one of Hogberg or Gustavsson will be in the NHL with another vet G they can get on the cheap.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I don’t see why Stone won’t sign. He’s the leader and loves it here. This isn’t a Karlsson situation in my mind.

I think the odds are better that stone resigns than kalrsson but let’s not forget Melnyk is still in charge. There are a lot of question marks about the future of this franchise and it’s willingness for the owner to really put a competitive team together.
Cash is still more important than winning here. Stone could go elsewhere if he wanted and both win and get paid.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I don’t see why Stone won’t sign. He’s the leader and loves it here. This isn’t a Karlsson situation in my mind.

I think the odds are better that stone resigns than kalrsson but let’s not forget Melnyk is still in charge. There are a lot of question marks about the future of this franchise and it’s willingness for the owner to really put a competitive team together.
Cash is still more important than winning here. Stone could go elsewhere if he wanted and both win and get paid.

Who has 9 million for Stone who is a contending team? Money will be the most important factor. Winning always secondary .

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Who has 9 million for Stone who is a contending team? Money will be the most important factor. Winning always secondary .

The bluejackets will when they lose panarin.

Or he could sign with another up and coming team that has a promising future and cap space like Vancouver or Carolina.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stone can get 8 years and the C here. He can't get that anywhere else.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Or he could sign with another up and coming team that has a promising future and cap space like Vancouver or Carolina.
If he’s gonna do that then might as well sign here. I think he’ll see the promise of our star prospects avs Duchene.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

If he’s gonna do that then might as well sign here. I think he’ll see the promise of our star prospects avs Duchene.

Again, willingness for the owner to spend when the time is right is a detractor. We’ll see. I certainly hope he stays.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Again, willingness for the owner to spend when the time is right is a detractor. We’ll see. I certainly hope he stays.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The *new* owners will have no trouble signing them all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum