GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Senators @ Kings- Dec 7, 2017, 10:30pm

+2
Flo The Action
tim1_2
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Better late than never.

Hey, Mike Condon stole us a point! And Dzingel tied the game up with 10 seconds left! Karlsson got a point (but was -3). Duchene with a goal and an assist!

So let's look at the positives and hope this thing is turning around.

On Karlsson, besides his slump offensively, it also seems like his blocked shots are way down from last year (he had one last night).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Better late than never.  

Hey, Mike Condon stole us a point!  And Dzingel tied the game up with 10 seconds left!  Karlsson got a point (but was -3).  Duchene with a goal and an assist!

So let's look at the positives and hope this thing is turning around.

On Karlsson, besides his slump offensively, it also seems like his blocked shots are way down from last year (he had one last night).  
Well those are positives. You’re right! Let’s hope they can translate

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Great game. Duchene was excellent.

I was so , so impressed by Ben Harpur. He is here to stay. He is so calming, holds the puck well and makes good decisions.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Was impressed by harper too. We need to get brassard laid, he's cold as ice

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Was impressed by harper too.  We need to get brassard laid, he's cold as ice

Yeah, zero points in his last six isn't great....the team is turning the corner though, so the points are coming!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Was impressed by harper too.  We need to get brassard laid, he's cold as ice

Yeah, zero points in his last six isn't great....the team is turning the corner though, so the points are coming!!!

Getting there slowly. Harper is a big addition. Chabot struggled badly last night, but he has that sixth sense with rhe puck a lot of the time, so it's a matter of time.

Duchene rounding into form is nice

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I couldn’t watch the game as I have to be in bed by 11 but those are all positives. I would love to see youth take over a bit. If it wasn’t for the urgency to win now in order to prove to karlsson... yaddi yadda... I would be more than happy to see this as a progressive year to see our young D get a year of maturity so they can be full time fixtures on the team.

So does Harpur look like he could become Karlsson’s permanent D partner?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I couldn’t watch the game as I have to be in bed by 11 but those are all positives. I would love to see youth take over a bit. If it wasn’t for the urgency to win now in order to prove to karlsson... yaddi yadda... I would be more than happy to see this as a progressive year to see our young D get a year of maturity so they can be full time fixtures on the team.

So does Harpur look like he could become Karlsson’s permanent D partner?

Uhhh, I think that might be pushing it a bit, but time will tell. I always thought Claesson made a good partner for Karlsson, but now Boucher seems to enjoy scratching him....

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To me Claesson is waiver fodder. I much prefer Harpur.

Harpur-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Boro-Ceci

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:To me Claesson is waiver fodder. I much prefer Harpur.

Harpur-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Boro-Ceci

W-w-w-what? Do you forget how well he played last year? He might be going through a bit of a slump but he can play and he’d get picked up in a second!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

Harpur-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Boro-Ceci

W-w-w-what? Do you forget how well he played last year? He might be going through a bit of a slump but he can play and he’d get picked up in a second!

I've never been impressed by him. He looks lost a lot of the time. I don't hate him but he isn't anything worth writing home about for me. I wouldn't be sad to see him go on waivers.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Harpur-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Boro-Ceci

I've never been impressed by him. He looks lost a lot of the time. I don't hate him but he isn't anything worth writing home about for me. I wouldn't be sad to see him go on waivers.

If you were a dog, I'd put your nose in that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Harpur made a great play on the Pageau goal. Love his size, and he's a lot quicker in making decisions than Cowen ever was.

But he was also responsible for one goal and didn't do enough on another.

Chabot struggled on one play and ended up with under 4 minutes that period. Harpur struggled on one play but was out on the ice to set up Pageau's goal.

And don't even talk about all the mistakes Ceci keeps making after 300+ NHL games.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I miss Methot Sad

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Methot was an average 2nd pairing guy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]