GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season

+3
tim1_2
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:22 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I can also predict that the big headline in Toronto after 10 games is "why isn't Marleau scoring enough goals?"

Oh ya. He's a prime candidate to be run out of town.

"Why would we add a slow veteran when we're a young, fast team?"

17Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:24 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Im gonna make another bold prediction.
Jaros will be in the exact same spot as claesson was last year by the end of the season. Making the team. I wouldn't be surprised if in two years he's on the second pairing. Ceci becoming trade bait.

I like it. I see the first 40 games as make or break for Ceci's future in Ottawa. There are a lot of players breathing down his neck and as a pending RFA (with Stone and Turris needing new contracts) this could be the end of the line for him.

18Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:37 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Jaros is a rightie -- that, alone, will help him break into the lineup sooner or later. But he is not a PMD but any stretch of the imagination.

That said, it's not like Ceci has been lighting things up on the offense side of the ledger. He gets a lot of ice time, plays ES/PP, not exactly a big hitter or shot-blocker. I really don't get what they're trying to do with Ceci. He *should be* a puck-mover and drive offense, but somehow "pilon" Dion is lapping him in offensive production *and* is an SOB to play against in his own zone.

19Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I can also predict that the big headline in Toronto after 10 games is "why isn't Marleau scoring enough goals?"

Oh ya. He's a prime candidate to be run out of town.

"Why would we add a slow veteran when we're a young, fast team?"

I thought Marleau still had wheels.

20Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:18 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Jaros is a rightie -- that, alone, will help him break into the lineup sooner or later.  But he is not a PMD but any stretch of the imagination.  

That said, it's not like Ceci has been lighting things up on the offense side of the ledger.  He gets a lot of ice time, plays ES/PP, not exactly a big hitter or shot-blocker.  I really don't get what they're trying to do with Ceci.  He *should be* a puck-mover and drive offense, but somehow "pilon" Dion is lapping him in offensive production *and* is an SOB to play against in his own zone.
Apparently Jaros has been developing quite a sit and may have some untapped offensive abilities. And like you said, ceci's been more utilized as a shut down as of late. So it's easy to stipulate that you could have. Org chabot and jaros on the 2nd pairing by the 2018-19 season.

21Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ok...here's some thoughts on what I think will happen.

1.Florida and Tampa Bay both back in the playoffs.
2.Toronto wins the Atlantic
3.Montreal makes it in as a wild card.
4.NY Rangers miss the playoffs.
5.Because I've put the Egyptian Curse on Las Vegas, they won't win the Draft Lottery, instead Detroit drafts their next Lidstrom.
6.Boston misses the playoffs to Montreal on the final day
7.Buffalo misses the playoffs in the final week
8.The Islanders miss the playoffs again - Tavares future in doubt
9.Philly makes the playoffs
10.Columbus falls, but makes the playoffs

22Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:02 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Ok...here's some thoughts on what I think will happen.

1.Florida and Tampa Bay both back in the playoffs.
2.Toronto wins the Atlantic
3.Montreal makes it in as a wild card.
4.NY Rangers miss the playoffs.
5.Because I've put the Egyptian Curse on Las Vegas, they won't win the Draft Lottery, instead Detroit drafts their next Lidstrom.
6.Boston misses the playoffs to Montreal on the final day
7.Buffalo misses the playoffs in the final week
8.The Islanders miss the playoffs again - Tavares future in doubt
9.Philly makes the playoffs
10.Columbus falls, but makes the playoffs
Bold predictions there. I don't think Toronto wins the Atlantic but interesting none the less. I think Columbus will be good. I have no clue were to stand onthe NYI or philly but I'm tempted to say it's the opposite. I think Philly has a questionable back end. Their goaltending is bellow average.

23Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:03 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We should start doing our best  prospects countdown soon

24Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah philly has no goaltending, but their back end should be much improved and they have a good offense.

25Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:55 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

When was the last time that Philly had a good goalie? They rushed Bobrovsky, then gave up on him too soon.

26Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just making a few predictions. Doing all 31 teams is tedious and I'd be full on guessing for most of them LOL.

Sens fight for first in the division and get knocked out first round
Rangers miss the playoffs
Florida misses again
Montreal fights for first with Sens for first in the division
Boston misses the playoffs
Tampa makes the playoffs

- Unknown Author

27Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Predicting the 2017/18 NHL Season Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Sens are top 2 in the Division they aren't likely to lose in round 1. It could happen, of course, injuries or the 6/7/8 seed being hot down the stretch, but it would fairly unlikely.

They made it to within a lucky bounce of the SCF. They know, now, what it takes in the post season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum