GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Off-Season Around the NHL

+7
DefenceWinsChampionships
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 22]

462017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:14 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:In what's a paradox in that it's a surprise and no surprise at all, the Rangers have bought out Girardi.
I doubt that spells retirement for him. Another team will give him a contract. Mind you at an obvious reduced rate playing 3rd line minutes.

472017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:23 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Boo. Drouin to Montreal for Russian prospect D-man and a 2nd.

482017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:30 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Boo.  Drouin to Montreal for Russian prospect D-man and a 2nd.

Not sure if Drouin will thrive in Montreal and also not sure who is going to play defence for them ever.

492017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:02 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah I don't see it ending well for Drouin in Montreal. Too much pressure and he's an bunghole.

502017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Boo.  Drouin to Montreal for Russian prospect D-man and a 2nd.

Not sure if Drouin will thrive in Montreal and also not sure who is going to play defence for them ever.

I use this term loosely, but I think Brodin will be playing defence there soon.

512017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I like Drouin, but their greatest need is size at center. Their next greatest need is getting younger at D.

With this move they'll probably sell a lot of jerseys. Drouin is certainly worth more than Sergachev and a 2nd now, maybe on the future as well, but this is not the move they needed to make.

522017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, I don't know about this in the future for Montreal.

532017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:38 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Urrrggghhhh .... I mean they win yet they lose gsergachev. But I wanted Drouin!!!!

542017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:02 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Im really disappointed. Not only did I want Drouin but I certainly did not want the habs to get him!

552017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:44 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anybody else call Dung on the fact Drouin was surprise on the trade? Oh! There was a 6 year extention but you didn't know about it? Bbbbbbbbuuuuuulllllll!
He'll regret it.

562017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:41 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, and keep in mind Sergachev will be cheaper and under RFA control a little longer than Drouin...plus Tampa doesn't have to protect him, so it frees up a protection slot. A lot of factors play into the trade beyond just the talent of the two players. Like most trades of this nature, it'll take at least a couple years to determine a winner, but it could work out for both teams.

572017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:11 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I bet drouin regrets this soon. Lots of pressure in Montreal vs none in tampa. Big change

582017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I bet drouin regrets this soon.  Lots of pressure in Montreal vs none in tampa.  Big change
If Montréal craps the bed and misses the playoffs he'll hear all about it alright!
Im kind of hoping they lose radulov now. Would be a nice kicker.

592017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Simon desprey on waivers to be bought out. Maybe he gets picked up?

602017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:34 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I bet drouin regrets this soon.  Lots of pressure in Montreal vs none in tampa.  Big change
If Montréal craps the bed and misses the playoffs he'll hear all about it alright!

I think that's probably a foregone conclusion at this point.

612017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:55 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I think that's probably a foregone conclusion at this point.
Hard to say, it's not necessary to sign him before the expansion draft. They'd have to protect him.

622017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:18 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Radulov is going to want a mega deal. He will get it if Plekanec is picked up by Vegas.

But Mtl still doesn't have a #1 center and if Plekanec goes they don't have a #2 center, and if Galchenyuk goes they don't have a #3 center.

They are also down a d-man with the Sergachev trade with an old Markov and ageing Weber.

The Drouin trade made no sense for Montreal aside from bringing in a young French forward to appease Habs fans. IMO the Habs took a big step back with that trade. They need a #1 center. Duchene should have been their target.

632017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Radulov is going to want a mega deal. He will get it if Plekanec is picked up by Vegas.

But Mtl still doesn't have a #1 center and if Plekanec goes they don't have a #2 center, and if Galchenyuk goes they don't have a #3 center.

They are also down a d-man with the Sergachev trade with an old Markov and ageing Weber.

The Drouin trade made no sense for Montreal aside from bringing in a young French forward to appease Habs fans. IMO the Habs took a big step back with that trade. They need a #1 center. Duchene should have been their target.
They may still get duschene. IMO this was a trade to replace Galchenyuk who's getting shipped.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum