GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Off-Season Around the NHL

+7
DefenceWinsChampionships
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 22]

1512017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:43 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I don't claim to be a tax expert but pretty sure his accountant will make it all work out, and help pay the lower Texas taxes.

What I didn't realize was that the difference between US and Canada is a lot less now than it used to be. In fact, the taxes are actually lower in Edmonton/Calgary. Which means that income tax doesn't matter as much to UFAs than we thought.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2013/10/01/u-s-tax-changes-level-the-playing-field-for-canadian-nhl-teams

1522017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:29 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Friedman says: McDavid close to signing 8 year, $13.25M per deal?

1532017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:22 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Friedman says: McDavid close to signing 8 year, $13.25M per deal?

As others have said, this takes up around the same cap % as Crosby's deal did when he signed it, so it makes sense (I guess). We better be getting that Brinks truck all loaded up for Karlsson. Sad

1542017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:49 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:

As others have said, this takes up around the same cap % as Crosby's deal did when he signed it, so it makes sense (I guess).  We better be getting that Brinks truck all loaded up for Karlsson.  Sad

Which is why I think Dorion is investigating trading Phaneuf. Karlsson will get close to that, Stone and Turris will get major raises etc. etc.

1552017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:41 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

As others have said, this takes up around the same cap % as Crosby's deal did when he signed it, so it makes sense (I guess).  We better be getting that Brinks truck all loaded up for Karlsson.  Sad

Which is why I think Dorion is investigating trading Phaneuf.  Karlsson will get close to that, Stone and Turris will get major raises etc. etc.

So if that's the reasoning, one would wonder why we traded for Phaneuf in the first place.

1562017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

To dump Cowen Greening, Michalek's salaries.

1572017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Which is why I think Dorion is investigating trading Phaneuf.  Karlsson will get close to that, Stone and Turris will get major raises etc. etc.

So if that's the reasoning, one would wonder why we traded for Phaneuf in the first place.

Because we were absolutely screwed for real dmen and the deal was great. I'm just guessing anyway, we could probably keep phaneuf and be ok. Lots of things can change.

1582017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:59 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:To dump Cowen Greening,  Michalek's salaries.

Right, which was short term gain for long term pain.

Anyway, I think if we look at the cap stretching out into the future years, Ottawa (if willing to spend to the cap) wouldn't have an issue retaining Turris, Stone, Karlsson, etc, without trading Phaneuf.

1592017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:56 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya but they probably figure they can get a younger, better Phaneuf equivalent for half of his cap hit. Problem is there isn't much of a UFA market right now for LHD.

I still think Edler would be a perfect fit. Brodin would also be perfect but would cost the Sens some futures for sure.

1602017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:32 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wouldn't we have wished we could have given a Dipietro contract to karlsson when we had the chNce 😭

1612017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:23 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Dreger has reported that the Sens are now NOT trying to trade Phaneuf.

1622017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:06 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:So Dreger has reported that the Sens are now NOT trying to trade Phaneuf.  
Yeah, I posted that in the sens off season thread... where it belongs Sarcasm

I think it's a good thing. We can't be parting ways with too many Dmen.

1632017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:40 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:So Dreger has reported that the Sens are now NOT trying to trade Phaneuf.  

Agreed. Sens don't seem to be in a hurry to replace Methot so trading Phaneuf as well, at least to me, would signal that they have no desire to get back to the Conference Final.

- Unknown Author

1642017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:11 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, sorry, I saw that after and then was too lazy to delete my post. My bad.

1652017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:30 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Agreed.  Sens don't seem to be in a hurry to replace Methot so trading Phaneuf as well, at least to me, would signal that they have no desire to get back to the Conference Final.
And we all know what Melnyk feels about that! Loving those playoffs revenues.

Honestly I keep looking at kulikov as the one guy that would fit in well

1662017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not sure why, but apparently Detroit has signed (or will tomorrow) Trevor Daley. He would have looked good here.

And Tampa Bay will sign Girardi (lol) soon.

1672017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:13 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Agreed.  Sens don't seem to be in a hurry to replace Methot so trading Phaneuf as well, at least to me, would signal that they have no desire to get back to the Conference Final.

Kulikov seems like a good idea, but lots of teams think that, so there's going to be a bidding war. How much are we willing to overpay?

1682017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:54 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Kulikov seems like a good idea, but lots of teams think that, so there's going to be a bidding war.  How much are we willing to overpay?
Will there be a bidding war? He didn't do incredibly well. I'm sure lots of teams are hoping to get him on the cheap. My guess is that many teams will try to get him but will limit how much they are willing to offer him.
I think I'd be comfortable with 5X5. Hes young. Talented and could possibly be good for a while. Once Phaneuf really slows down and moves down to the third pairing we could be looking at chabot and kulikov as top lefty Dman. That's decent.

And you tell him "so you wanna partner up with karlsson?" Thats a dream position for a Dman.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum