GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition

+6
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 16]

31Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:15 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not just in the series, but just about everything I've seen has them losing in 5 or 6
Really?  I'd love to know why that is.

32Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:32 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not just in the series, but just about everything I've seen has them losing in 5 or 6

Ottawa statistically had a bad season from a points production angle. Bad powerplay, bad penalty kill, bad possession numbers, don't score a lot of goals. What the stats leave out is that early in the season, Ottawa was getting blown out by the good teams, and their losses were pretty lopsided leading to a negative goal differential.

What the stats don't include is the fact that Ottawa beat just about every good team in the NHL, was missing their #1 goalie for half the season, and have a ton of depth. Their team is built for the playoffs. Ottawa will win this series. Boston will be pesky and will score their goals on the powerplay.

33Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:54 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man, the amount of disrespect is ridiculous. Whatever. This will be similar to the Habs series in 2013. Boston doesn't have enough depth to win this series.

34Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:23 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Ottawa statistically had a bad season from a points production angle. Bad powerplay, bad penalty kill, bad possession numbers, don't score a lot of goals. What the stats leave out is that early in the season, Ottawa was getting blown out by the good teams, and their losses were pretty lopsided leading to a negative goal differential.

What the stats don't include is the fact that Ottawa beat just about every good team in the NHL, was missing their #1 goalie for half the season, and have a ton of depth. Their team is built for the playoffs. Ottawa will win this series. Boston will be pesky and will score their goals on the powerplay.

They're also discounting the loss of Krug for at least round 1, the injury to their other top D to start the series and that the Bruins struggled all season. The fact that the Sens also picked up guys like Stahlberg and Burrows and that the Sens are fully healthy with a number 1 netminder that has gotten first star of the week honours 3 times in only 40 something games is going to make a huge difference.

I mean, realistically, a guy like Dzingel, who was in the top 6 most of the season, could be a healthy scratch come game 1.

This is done in 6 or less but the Sens will win the series.

- Unknown Author

35Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:34 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Scott Cullen of TSN thinks the Bruins in 6 and that the Bruins could be a contender this year??? Laughing3

What a douchebag. Losing Krug and Carlo "could" be a problem? Ah it's a huge Cussing problem you Donkey Chapeau

- Unknown Author

36Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:57 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Scott Cullen of TSN thinks the Bruins in 6 and that the Bruins could be a contender this year??? Laughing3

What a douchebag.  Losing Krug and Carlo "could" be a problem?  Ah it's a huge Cussing problem you Donkey Chapeau

Scott Cullen is a fairly reasonable fellow. I'm not entirely sure why the Sens are coming across as an underdog here, especially since we have a "healthy" lineup, and Anderson is pretty hot. I can see a case being made for it being a coin-toss 50/50 series, but not anything in the Bruins favour.

37Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:07 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Everyone hates the sens. They can't get over their prejudices.
I don't think it will be easy at all though. Scoring goals won't necessarily be easy. Stone and Hoffman are gonna have to come through and we're gonna need some dorty goals.

38Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:14 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Scott Cullen of TSN thinks the Bruins in 6 and that the Bruins could be a contender this year??? Laughing3

What a douchebag.  Losing Krug and Carlo "could" be a problem?  Ah it's a huge Cussing problem you Donkey Chapeau

Scott Cullen is a fairly reasonable fellow.  I'm not entirely sure why the Sens are coming across as an underdog here, especially since we have a "healthy" lineup, and Anderson is pretty hot.  I can see a case being made for it being a coin-toss 50/50 series, but not anything in the Bruins favour.

At best, for the Bruins, it's a coin toss but, for Cullen to suggest the Bruins could be contenders this year is laughable.

- Unknown Author

39Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

During the regular season the games were close but one way or another the Sens won all four.

Now Boston is missing their Karlsson and their lack of defensive depth means 40 year old Chara will have to play more than he should. He'll be fine first couple of games (when line matching will allow Ottawa to dictate who plays against him) but if Carlo isn't back it will start getting real dicey.

Ottawa has the luxury to let Methot recover a little longer because Claesson - especially when his matchups are controlled - actually improves Karlsson's analytics.

As has already been mentioned, Ryan Dzingel may very well be a healthy scratch. MacArthur is a fairly big upgrade on some other forwards we had in the top six.

Another very significant advantage I've only seen mentioned once is behind the bench. Crawford won a Cup as HC and he is just part of the coaching staff.

In pretty sure our PK will improve. Can only hope that the PP well get better. It wasn't doing that bad for a stretch turn something happened. Anyone recall what that was?

Also, another point: a number of our players are Somerset tested. Andy only played half the season. Kaflsson missed a few games at the end and was under utilized at other times. Mac is so fresh someone needs to slap him. Ryan, Smith, Methot all missed significant games.

40Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Of the five series that started last night, Pittsburgh was the only one who held home ice advantage. Price let in a stinker (said he wasn't ready for the shot from Tanner Glass) and that was all Lundqvist needed (Rags added an empty netter); Markov got five and a game with 24 seconds to go, for Marchanding a Ranger -- no supplemental discipline. Oilers built up a 2-0 lead, then lost it in OT. Blues also won in OT as Allen stopped 51 shots (or was that faced 51 shots?)

41Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Leafs @ Caps at 7, then Flames @ Ducks at 10:30. Preds @ Hawks won't start until tomorrow night, 8PM.

42Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Leafs out in front 2-0 before the Caps score on a bit of a broken (stick) play.

43Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:29 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As someone said on Twitter, the Caps are unpuckering.

44Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Williams, in the first intermission, telling Scott Oake to "pump the brakes" when he suggested the Caps were nervous. Letterkenny fan.

45Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Canadian teams still winless.

Edit: 0 for 5 after Calgary lost. All one goal games except for Montreal's, but that was an empty net second goal. Habs the only ones to get shut out.

46Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:32 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As much as I'd like to face the habs in round 2(if we get there) it would be way to delicious if they were to get bounced in the 1st round or better yet, sweeped!
Will be interesting to follow tonight.

47Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

First win by a Canadian team. Montreal squanders two leads, ties it up with 17 seconds to go in regulation, Radulov wins in OT.

48Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Edmonton score two short handed goals and even the series with a 2-0 win. Kassian's first period goal was the winner McDavid added his half way through the third.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum