GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

+3
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015 Large GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015 Large

In the Tenth Game of Christmas my True Sens gave to me,
Ten back a-skating
Nine blocked shots
Eight shots in the second (but they scored on *four* of 'em)
Seven and 20 shots (in the first period alone)
Six Give-aways
FIVE POWER PLAAAAAYS!
Four first period PIMs,
Another three for Karlsson
Two Hoffman goals
And a loss to that team from Philly.

(I should have quite after "FIVE POWER PLAYS")

The Sens finish up the 12 Games of Christmas with two more games in Florida, starting with this late afternoon's game against the S-less Lightning. Please note the early start time of 5 PM. And pass it on to anyone you know, urging them to pass it on to yet more people. With any luck, the early start time will eventually get passed on to one of the Senators players, coaches or trainers and the team will actually start playing in the first period.

The Bolts (hey! there's that 'S') are still without the services of Ondrej Palat, and have a number of players with bumps and bruises, as evidenced by the number of "maintenance" days taken yesterday. Both teams played Friday night, and both had to travel to get to Tampa after their game. The flight out of Ottawa was likely a bit more lively, as they came out on the right end of a 4-2 win against a very tough team in the Sharks. Tampa flew out of the other capital, Washington, after losing to the Caps. Stamkos, though, may have had a smile on his face as he finally scored a goal -- his first in nearly a dozen games.

These are two crucial games with 4 very winnable points up there for the taking. The Sens sit in the first wildcard spot with Florida just a point back. New Jersey and Tampa are 2 and 3 points back of Florida for that last playoff spot so you know Tampa will want these two points every bit as much as the Sens do.

Last time these two teams met was just 10 days ago, with Tampa skating away with a 4-1 win. Ceci scored the only goal for Ottawa as Bishop made 24 saves. Although the Sens have a pretty high shooting percentage, they need more than 25 shots on goal to put 3-4 past Big Ben.

GO SENS GO!!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We'll win this one for sure, so long as Cameron keeps the same lineup.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Except Bishop has our number.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We have the great equalizer... Matrix

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just found out that the Hamburglar is playing tonight.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Just found out that the Hamburglar is playing tonight.
We're doomed!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Seriously, if we can take care of quick and the Kings, we can win against any team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens have dropped 5 of their last 6 on the road, scoring a single goal in four of those losses.  Now would be a good time for them to bust of their road slump.

Tampa was up 3-0 on the Capitals before falling 5-3.  Washington scored 2 PPGs against the East's worst PK (le pire Peh-Kah du l'Est?)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michalek skated today. Wonder if he's going to be ready after the break.

Well of course he will be -- after the break ... is healed.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens just love destroying Brian Boyle. Horse Dung penalty call.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Down 3-1, I am still supremely confident that we'll win.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Down 3-1, I am still supremely confident that we'll win.

Karlsson brings them within one.  Ryan and Ceci are gone for the day.  They are down to 4D.  New defensive pairings:

3-65
46-65
65-45

Here comes that Karlsson hattrick.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Diddle those refs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Florida wins in OT. Ottawa now in 2nd wildcard spot.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Amazing how good Wiercioch when he's not Cestuck with Ceci.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wiercioch with Karlsson, like I've been recommending for a while.

Now, if Ceci misses any time, I hope they don't go back to Borowiecki on his wrong side. Slide Wideman up to the second pairing and call up Kostka. Continue sitting Cowen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum