GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Excel Conditional Formatting

+4
tim1_2
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Excel Conditional Formatting - Page 3 Empty Re: Excel Conditional Formatting Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:08 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No I don't need how many months have passed,

The formula works, I just did it.

You put in March 31, 2013 as future date, - today, and it gives you 4. That's correct.

32Excel Conditional Formatting - Page 3 Empty Re: Excel Conditional Formatting Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:11 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wait i migth be confused lol, just a sec

33Excel Conditional Formatting - Page 3 Empty Re: Excel Conditional Formatting Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ah ok I forgot to say that I already got the first part done (the one you just wrote). But then I needed the amount of months from now until March 31, whcih I added. It's all good now.

34Excel Conditional Formatting - Page 3 Empty Re: Excel Conditional Formatting Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:31 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Which version of Excel?  Do you want the cell to change based on its own value or based on another cell?  Do you want it based on the same cell for all cells where you want the change or based on same row/different column, or same column/different row?

Lots of questions to be answered.

P.S. I *am* good with this stuff.
This is good to know. Expect some more requests for help in the future. I don't use the program very often because I've never been able to really get the hang of it.

35Excel Conditional Formatting - Page 3 Empty Re: Excel Conditional Formatting Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Which version of Excel?  Do you want the cell to change based on its own value or based on another cell?  Do you want it based on the same cell for all cells where you want the change or based on same row/different column, or same column/different row?

Lots of questions to be answered.

P.S. I *am* good with this stuff.
This is good to know. Expect some more requests for help in the future. I don't use the program very often because I've never been able to really get the hang of it.
You can use Excel to make it look completely not like Excel. Someone wrote a Tetris program in Excel. And it's not just changing cell background colors to make it look like tiles falling down (like this one). The VBA was locked down under password so I could not easily take a look at how they did it, but it was like a real Tetris game.

Let me see if I can find it ...

Got it!

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cosmicadventure.com%2Ffun%2FTetris.xls&ei=aHCdUpCcJ7KusATMyoDgCQ&usg=AFQjCNFqKP-RA_T0b5Scg70jQwtz3dEeCQ&sig2=6QwRO2U5geRx9WS_S4i2Fw&bvm=bv.57155469,d.cWc

36Excel Conditional Formatting - Page 3 Empty Re: Excel Conditional Formatting Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:02 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hilarious!

37Excel Conditional Formatting - Page 3 Empty Re: Excel Conditional Formatting Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:38 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

how the Diddle do i sort by colour, it won't work since I have merged cells up top

38Excel Conditional Formatting - Page 3 Empty Re: Excel Conditional Formatting Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What do you mean sort by colour? You can sort by cell value. Colour is a property, not a value. Do you want to assign values to colors and sort like that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum