GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

10 shots? Really?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

110 shots?  Really? Empty 10 shots? Really? Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Canucks got all of 10 shots on backup Brent Johnson and the Caps. Their franchise low was 8 and it's the first time the Caps have ever held an opponent to less than 11 shots.

Boy. Anytime you play the team's backup, you might want to pelt the net instead of completely steer clear of it.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore;_ylt=AmlYt4pPYEOJzirzclwR_s8JfwM6?gid=2008101323

210 shots?  Really? Empty Re: 10 shots? Really? Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:01 am

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:The Canucks got all of 10 shots on backup Brent Johnson and the Caps. Their franchise low was 8 and it's the first time the Caps have ever held an opponent to less than 11 shots.

Boy. Anytime you play the team's backup, you might want to pelt the net instead of completely steer clear of it.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore;_ylt=AmlYt4pPYEOJzirzclwR_s8JfwM6?gid=2008101323

True story, I remember a few years back, when the Leafs played the Devils in the playoffs (yes, the Leafs in the playoffs, I know, its been a while) in an elimination game 6 the team managed a whopping 6 shots on goal all game. 3-2-1...

I don't know what "motivates" these teams not to shoot... it's a bizarre strategy that just doesn't seem to work. All sarcasm aside I'd be curious to see the blocked and missed shot totals by Vancouver.

edit: Evidently Vancouver had 12 shots blocked while 20 shots missed the net compared to Washington having 18 shots blocked and 10 missing the net.

310 shots?  Really? Empty Re: 10 shots? Really? Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:The Canucks got all of 10 shots on backup Brent Johnson and the Caps. Their franchise low was 8 and it's the first time the Caps have ever held an opponent to less than 11 shots.

What makes it worse is that they managed 7 in the third, which leaves just 3 between the first two periods.

Six shots in games six is pretty impressive as well, but we're talking about the Devils probably in their trapping heyday. The Caps' defense is known (lately) for leading the league in goals (Green has 3 already, unbelievable).

410 shots?  Really? Empty Re: 10 shots? Really? Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:58 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oh, how I'd LOVE to have Green in a Sens uni! Smile

Vancouver will rebound though. Losing Bieska, AGAIN, will hurt, but hopefully upon his return, we'll see some progress.

510 shots?  Really? Empty Re: 10 shots? Really? Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He needs to go. He's like Gaborik and Havlat. You simply can't depend that he'll be healthy...ever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum