GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+16
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SensHulk
spader
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
NEELY
wprager
sandysensfan
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

511NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:33 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dreger: If NHL doesn't honour existing contracts and guarantee players $1.883 share there will be no deal anytime soon. Biggest day of negotiation.

512NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Dreger: If NHL doesn't honour existing contracts and guarantee players $1.883 share there will be no deal anytime soon. Biggest day of negotiation.

Yeah. I have a feeling that this gets settled around 11.30 tonight.

513NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:58 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Dreger: If NHL doesn't honour existing contracts and guarantee players $1.883 share there will be no deal anytime soon. Biggest day of negotiation.

Yeah. I have a feeling that this gets settled around 11.30 tonight.
Tonight?!?

Ahhhhh! Vertigo Ahhhhh! Vertigo Ahhhhh!

514NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's just one tiny piece in a big puzzle. I hold ZERO amount of hope.

515NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:So, Doug MacLean says he heard from an inside source that yesterday's session was deemed "a total waste of time" by some. Basically 7 hours talking about contract term and only that... and nothing solved. Simply circling around and not getting anywhere.

Hmmmm....

Circling around, eh? Like two turds in a half-clogged toilet.

516NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

$1.883 is not a share. 57% is a share, $1.883 is a hard number. What do the players want? 57%? Not going to happen. $1.883B? Not going to happen.

517NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:10 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

518NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah???! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

519NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Chris Johnston‏@reporterchris

I'm told the NHLPA made offers yesterday on both revenue sharing and players' share/make whole. They expect a response from NHL today.

520NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hobiesens wrote:Chris Johnston‏@reporterchris

I'm told the NHLPA made offers yesterday on both revenue sharing and players' share/make whole. They expect a response from NHL today.

Personal feeling only, but since the NHL went back and said they would fund "make whole" at least partially out of the owners' share (and assuming they meant something substantial), then, with all due respect, the players should STFU about revenue sharing. I maintain that the union needs those 6 loser teams much more than the league does, so supporting those six teams should not be primarily the owners' responsibility.

521NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The NHL response today will tell the story...

522NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:29 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

$1.883 is not a share. 57% is a share, $1.883 is a hard number. What do the players want? 57%? Not going to happen. $1.883B? Not going to happen.

I think it might be a share if the whole is greater than $1.883 but that's just a guess on my part.

523NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:35 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

Me as well. I expect talks to break off... Bettman & Donald Fehr should just leave and come back only to sign off on what was settled... THem in the room doesn't give me much hope.

524NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:16 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeBrun calling it a make or break day...

League's response to NHLPA on Make Whole today perhaps biggest moment yet in this thing... Make or break

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/266664947428241409

525NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:33 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

sounds like some negotiating happening back and forth on the make whole stuff...

@GinoRedaTSN: NHL offered a little less in their "Make Whole" than the PA wanted. Now the PA is asking for more than NHL offered. No surpirse-negotiations

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: NHLPA's offered concept to NHL on Make Whole would see players go down to 50-50 of HRR by Year 3. So there's a phase-in element to it

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Doesn't sound like things going well with NHL-NHLPA but doing play by play/making sense of offers we know so little about = mug's game.

@KatieStrangESPN
#CBA Source confirms @reporterchris' report that NHLPA submitted two offers, one on revenue-sharing, another on "Make Whole" provision

What pisses me off is how long it took for actual negotiating to start. Cussing morons

526NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:13 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Me as well. I expect talks to break off... Bettman & Donald Fehr should just leave and come back only to sign off on what was settled... THem in the room doesn't give me much hope.

Have you had hope at any point in this though?

- Unknown Author

527NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

why would you have NO HOPE if the LEADERS of both parties are in the room together? That doesn't make much sense.

528NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:why would you have NO HOPE if the LEADERS of both parties are in the room together? That doesn't make much sense.

I've thought there'd be, at worst, a shortened season through most of this thing.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum