GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What the Frank!?!?!?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What the Frank!?!?!? Empty What the Frank!?!?!? Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:03 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Ottawa+family+robbed+while+watching+over+hospitalized+baby/5324720/story.html

I thought this sort of thing only happened in the US?!?!?

2What the Frank!?!?!? Empty Re: What the Frank!?!?!? Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:07 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Ottawa+family+robbed+while+watching+over+hospitalized+baby/5324720/story.html

I thought this sort of thing only happened in the US?!?!?

It's disgusting. I was once asked to house sit for a friend of the family during a funeral for the patriarch of their household. House sitting was necessary at the time because there was a rash of burglaries during funerals. Thieves checked the paper for info regarding the time and date of funerals, then burgled the homes while the family was paying it's last respects. Unbelievable. Sure enough, while I was house sitting, there was a knock on the door. When I answered it, the knocker scurried away. Just gross.

3What the Frank!?!?!? Empty Re: What the Frank!?!?!? Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:25 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow. There's a special place in hell for the people that do things like this.

4What the Frank!?!?!? Empty Re: What the Frank!?!?!? Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:38 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

It almost as bad a story that happened here in the Burgh... It had a nice ending though...

http://www.wpxi.com/news/25747149/detail.html

5What the Frank!?!?!? Empty Re: What the Frank!?!?!? Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:41 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I dunno guys...robbing is disgusting in general, but do you really think these guys knew that the couple was away at a hospital watching over their kid? How would they have known that?

6What the Frank!?!?!? Empty Re: What the Frank!?!?!? Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:56 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Good Lord. I totally feel for that couple

I spent 4 days at the hospital watching my son in the intensive care unit while sleeping on the floor.

That was stressful enough, coming home to a burglarized home would probably make me lose it.

7What the Frank!?!?!? Empty Re: What the Frank!?!?!? Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:58 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:I dunno guys...robbing is disgusting in general, but do you really think these guys knew that the couple was away at a hospital watching over their kid? How would they have known that?

Could've been friends...friends of friends...via Facebook, Twitter, news, etc.... There's many ways that the robbers could have known about the situation. So yes, they likely knew that the couple would be mainly at CHEO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum