GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rick Rypien found dead

+7
SensHulk
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
Riprock
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Rick Rypien found dead Empty Rick Rypien found dead Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dantencer Dan Tencer
by fisher12fan
Another sad day for the game of hockey...former Canuck Rick Rypien has been found dead in his Alberta home as per @mirtle

2Rick Rypien found dead Empty Re: Rick Rypien found dead Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What a damn shame...

3Rick Rypien found dead Empty Re: Rick Rypien found dead Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:17 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Wow Whaaa?

4Rick Rypien found dead Empty Re: Rick Rypien found dead Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:28 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Angela_Rypien Angela Rypien
by mirtle
R.I.P Rick Rypien, I love you so much and will miss you more than anything!

5Rick Rypien found dead Empty Re: Rick Rypien found dead Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Damned shame. First Boogard, now Rypien. Tough year for NHL tough guys.

6Rick Rypien found dead Empty Re: Rick Rypien found dead Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You posted in the other forum that he may have hung himself - which was something that is wildly rumoured right now.

Obviously there's instant correlation there for fans: he was a fighter, he may have sustained brain damage...

7Rick Rypien found dead Empty Re: Rick Rypien found dead Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:You posted in the other forum that he may have hung himself - which was something that is wildly rumoured right now.

Obviously there's instant correlation there for fans: he was a fighter, he may have sustained brain damage...

He's had at least two lengthy leaves of absence, and talk is he was fighting some mental illlness. He was still a member of the Canucks in 2010-11 but I don't know if he played any games -- certainly not enough to get his name on the Cup. Shame.

8Rick Rypien found dead Empty Re: Rick Rypien found dead Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:42 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They're calling it a non-suspicious death, which suggests to me they know what happened. Suicide would seem to be the case, but we don't know yet. We'll find out more when the details are released. Very sad news. He was battling some demons for sure.

9Rick Rypien found dead Empty Re: Rick Rypien found dead Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:33 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is just Cussed up.

10Rick Rypien found dead Empty Re: Rick Rypien found dead Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:04 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Assuming this is a suicide, it just goes to show how money doesn't buy happiness. A lot of people would give anything to trade places with a professional athlete…and then when you see something like this, it just makes it even more tragic.

11Rick Rypien found dead Empty Re: Rick Rypien found dead Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:43 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

dear lord this is just sad. Less than a month away from training camp and Rypien dies. R.I.P.

All indications are that he never really got over his demons....at this point though, I think it's going to be too much to ignore the deaths of two tough guys who have taken their share of punches to the head.

12Rick Rypien found dead Empty Re: Rick Rypien found dead Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:44 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Assuming this is a suicide, it just goes to show how money doesn't buy happiness. A lot of people would give anything to trade places with a professional athlete…and then when you see something like this, it just makes it even more tragic.

Or he has been beat in the head so many times he had brain damage.

13Rick Rypien found dead Empty Re: Rick Rypien found dead Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:16 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You gotta wonder with some of the guys that end up being fighters, if they have issues of their own that lead to them being extra violent on the ice. Look at guys like Tootoo and Cooke…you can't tell me that these guys aren't already a little inherently violent.

14Rick Rypien found dead Empty Re: Rick Rypien found dead Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:18 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:You gotta wonder with some of the guys that end up being fighters, if they have issues of their own that lead to them being extra violent on the ice. Look at guys like Tootoo and Cooke…you can't tell me that these guys aren't already a little inherently violent.

A lot of guys are just violet. Ben Eager is a very nice example of that.

15Rick Rypien found dead Empty Re: Rick Rypien found dead Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:25 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:You gotta wonder with some of the guys that end up being fighters, if they have issues of their own that lead to them being extra violent on the ice. Look at guys like Tootoo and Cooke…you can't tell me that these guys aren't already a little inherently violent.

A lot of guys are just violet. Ben Eager is a very nice example of that.

I thought of him as more of a mauve. Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum