GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What player(s) will have a major drop-off in production...

+6
spader
stempniaksen
Ev
sandysensfan
Hoags
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

...this upcoming season?

For example:

James Wisniewski had 51 points this past season, but his previous high was 30 set the year before. So he's trending upwards, but could easily fall back.

Clarke MacArthur had 62 points last year, 31 was his previous highest. Does he crash back to earth?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

You listed the big ones.

I'd add good ol' Dany to that list. He's not going to have Thornton, Spezza, Alfie etc. to hide behind and expectations will be high.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I may be off base here, but I'm not really sure the expectations on Heatley would be that high to begin with, would they? I expect a return to 30-35 goals and likely around 60 points, maybe 70 if all goes well for him.

Out of the spotlight of SJ (and I think it was a spotlight) and into the relative quiet of Minny, where the fans are serious, but the city and the hockey news stemming from there routinely seems to be left behind in lieu of other, bigger cities.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:You listed the big ones.

I'd add good ol' Dany to that list. He's not going to have Thornton, Spezza, Alfie etc. to hide behind and expectations will be high.

Agreed... the other side of that does Havlat's points go up quite a bit?

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:I may be off base here, but I'm not really sure the expectations on Heatley would be that high to begin with, would they? I expect a return to 30-35 goals and likely around 60 points, maybe 70 if all goes well for him.

Out of the spotlight of SJ (and I think it was a spotlight) and into the relative quiet of Minny, where the fans are serious, but the city and the hockey news stemming from there routinely seems to be left behind in lieu of other, bigger cities.

I think Minny is close to being like a Cdn city re: hockey.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Corey Perry

Tim Thomas

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There are so many candidiates...

Perry, Tim Thomas, Crawford, Skinner, Grabner, Leino, Bieksa...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Peter Regin

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:
I think Minny is close to being like a Cdn city re: hockey.

The fans might be, but the team itself seems to get a lot less press than some of the other hockey mad markets.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Captain Hindsight wrote:Peter Regin

Yeah, he'll go from 8 points to 3.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Tim Thomas is a rea safe bet I think. I love the guy, but he can only go down from here, just depends how far he falls.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Joel Ward. Since he's getting paid more for his playoff production (slightly better than a PPG) than for his seasonal production (0.4 or so), it's fair to say that he's going to "drop off." In this context, "drop off" means that he'll continue to be a 30ish point player in the reg season.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Skinner?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, that's a good one. Ward got PAID this summer.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michael Grabner will drop off. As for Sens I'd say Butler doesn't produce at the same rate he did last season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum