GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tattoo help

+5
Flo The Action
shabbs
jawal
wprager
LethalLehner
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:28 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:Be forewarned though, tattoos are addictive.
This is true. After your first, you want another and another...

17Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:33 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Flo The Action wrote:Ok i've got loads of tattoes good and bad ones, i've learned from experience let's say. the most important part in getting tattoed is the artist. trust me a good artist will take your idea and sometimes turn into something that you would of never imagined and be really proud of. things have changed in ottawa since the last time i'vebeen there but I know that two shops remain at the tp of the list. New Moon tattoos and In living colors. another newer one that has sprung up since i've left the city is 5 cents tattoos. i suggest you check them out, their artists and their portfolio and work on developing your idea into something that's original to you and you'll feel proud of for years to come.
If you feel like traveling for ir My favorite shop in MTL is Imago tattoo. it's probably amonst the 10 best in canada. amazing artists. but not in ottawa obviously. I like telling people thatit's going tobe onyour body for the rest of your life so might as well go with the best people, right?
let me know if you need more info.
When I moved to Toronto, I got the rest of my tattoo's at Way Cool Tattoo Uptown... solid shop, great artists.

http://www.waycool-uptown.com/

Man... now I'm itchin' for another one... hmmmm...

18Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:52 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:

I think I'll stop at zero, then. Smile

19Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:13 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
yeah they are. best to spread out the time between them as your style changes a bit on what you like. I have to admit i regret half of the work I've got on my body. I don't lose any sleep on it but i'd get something else if i could. My tattoo artist in Montreal is originally from Ottawa also. Nat Jean(aka tattoo nat). maybe some of you have had work by her?

20Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:17 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's a good tattoo:

Tattoo help - Page 2 Tattoo

21Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:17 am

shabbs wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Ok i've got loads of tattoes good and bad ones, i've learned from experience let's say. the most important part in getting tattoed is the artist. trust me a good artist will take your idea and sometimes turn into something that you would of never imagined and be really proud of. things have changed in ottawa since the last time i'vebeen there but I know that two shops remain at the tp of the list. New Moon tattoos and In living colors. another newer one that has sprung up since i've left the city is 5 cents tattoos. i suggest you check them out, their artists and their portfolio and work on developing your idea into something that's original to you and you'll feel proud of for years to come.
If you feel like traveling for ir My favorite shop in MTL is Imago tattoo. it's probably amonst the 10 best in canada. amazing artists. but not in ottawa obviously. I like telling people thatit's going tobe onyour body for the rest of your life so might as well go with the best people, right?
let me know if you need more info.
When I moved to Toronto, I got the rest of my tattoo's at Way Cool Tattoo Uptown... solid shop, great artists.

http://www.waycool-uptown.com/

Man... now I'm itchin' for another one... hmmmm...

My last one was $2400 and 14+ hours, my itch is gone for awhile for certain. Probably another year I'd say. Laughing3

22Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:21 am

Flo The Action wrote:
shabbs wrote:
yeah they are. best to spread out the time between them as your style changes a bit on what you like. I have to admit i regret half of the work I've got on my body. I don't lose any sleep on it but i'd get something else if i could. My tattoo artist in Montreal is originally from Ottawa also. Nat Jean(aka tattoo nat). maybe some of you have had work by her?

How many have you got? I knew I had too many when I had my first one covered up. Laugh1

I covered up a drunken leprechaun on my shoulder with my half sleeve (the area close to the armpit is the worst tattoo pain I have experienced). What's your worst one, pain wise?

23Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:01 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
shabbs wrote:

How many have you got? I knew I had too many when I had my first one covered up. Laugh1

I covered up a drunken leprechaun on my shoulder with my half sleeve (the area close to the armpit is the worst tattoo pain I have experienced). What's your worst one, pain wise?
i've got 16 different ones without counting the ones i covered up. i got Joe strummer (dead front man of the clash) tattoed on the inside of my upper arm and it goes into my armpits and yes it was painful but i was expecting worst. true i had taken a couple of oxys and was drinking Kalua so that might of brought the pain down a bit(that's the nice part of getting tattooed by friends outside of normal shop hours) but the worst for me was one on my chest near the left shoulder and the ultimate worst was bellow the last left ribs... oh my, I wanted to die!
I'm thinking of getting a new one when I get back to Bangkok. they have some decent artists there and the prices are much lower.

24Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:34 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
i've got 16 different ones without counting the ones i covered up. i got Joe strummer (dead front man of the clash) tattoed on the inside of my upper arm and it goes into my armpits and yes it was painful but i was expecting worst. true i had taken a couple of oxys and was drinking Kalua so that might of brought the pain down a bit(that's the nice part of getting tattooed by friends outside of normal shop hours) but the worst for me was one on my chest near the left shoulder and the ultimate worst was bellow the last left ribs... oh my, I wanted to die!
I'm thinking of getting a new one when I get back to Bangkok. they have some decent artists there and the prices are much lower.

25Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:50 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

HA! nice. the man has truly lived an inspirational life. It was too bad he had to leave us so soon.

26Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Any relation to "Kat Jean", a.k.a. MsConduct on twitter?

27Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Tatts were different when no one had them. Now, not having them is different. I think they're the biggest CLM you can do.

28Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah I personally don't understand why people get tats. Or, at least the ones where they're COVERED in them. What's the point?

29Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:37 pm

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Tatts were different when no one had them. Now, not having them is different. I think they're the biggest CLM you can do.

CLM?

30Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Big Ev wrote:Yeah I personally don't understand why people get tats. Or, at least the ones where they're COVERED in them. What's the point?

I have tattoos because I like them. I have them covered because of my job. My company has a policy for my position that all tattoos must be covered.

31Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think CLM = Career limiting-move

32Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:51 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

A+ for Dash.

I like Tattoos too, but I like money more....

33Tattoo help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tattoo help Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:30 pm

Dash wrote:I think CLM = Career limiting-move

Tattoos a career-limiting move? Laugh1

Perhaps if they are on your face....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum