GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's your most-hated commercial (television or radio)?

+18
SensGirl11
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
SensHulk
dennycrane
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
Hoags
The Silfer Server
strachattack
TheAvatar
spader
Jordo
shabbs
Ev
wprager
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:How about the Blackberry commercial with the girl who gets 1000 e-mails a day.

Someone did the math already:

Assuming a 12 hour day, which seems like the kind of hours someone receiving 1000 emails would put in, there are roughly 83 emails per hour. Meredith is receiving a whopping 1.38 emails per minute.
Obviously to reply to 1000 emails, she has to respond with an email in less than a minute. Your eyes cannot leave the phone screen. Nope, not possible.

1000 emails... Laugh1 Laughing3

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:How about the Blackberry commercial with the girl who gets 1000 e-mails a day.

Someone did the math already:

Assuming a 12 hour day, which seems like the kind of hours someone receiving 1000 emails would put in, there are roughly 83 emails per hour. Meredith is receiving a whopping 1.38 emails per minute.
Obviously to reply to 1000 emails, she has to respond with an email in less than a minute. Your eyes cannot leave the phone screen. Nope, not possible.

No wonder Apple is making them irrelevant.

She's such a doll though. What a cutie.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
She's such a doll though. What a cutie.

She's too busy typing on her BB 12 hours a day to go out on dates though.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any developments regarding "What's your most-hated commercial (television or radio)?"

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

1000 emails a day...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Marineland must have a low advertising budget. THey haven't changed their commercial in a decade +.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No watchy TV in summertime. Just downloaded shows/PVRd stuff.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:Marineland must have a low advertising budget. THey haven't changed their commercial in a decade +.

But do you hate them?

Speaking of which, I've just remembered my intense hatred toward those Disneyland/world commercials. I've got 4 kids and never took any of them -- too ^*&^!#$ expensive. Of course the ads make you feel like the worst parent in the world if you have not taken your kids there.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Marineland must have a low advertising budget. THey haven't changed their commercial in a decade +.

But do you hate them?

Speaking of which, I've just remembered my intense hatred toward those Disneyland/world commercials. I've got 4 kids and never took any of them -- too ^*&^!#$ expensive. Of course the ads make you feel like the worst parent in the world if you have not taken your kids there.

I get choked up when I see those and feel that way. My boys are 18 and 19 now but they might still appreciate going. Hoping to load up the RV and head down this winter.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I drove down to Florida to see Disney World back in 2003. Nothing special. My best memory is getting a turkey leg.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:I drove down to Florida to see Disney World back in 2003. Nothing special. My best memory is getting a turkey leg.

Yeah. What I can tell you is that the "Where's the Beef?" ad is the best ever.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Worst ads IMO are those stupid Ottawa Job Shop ads. Especially that one with the former nurse taking the blood pressure of her boss.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Worst ads IMO are those stupid Ottawa Job Shop ads. Especially that one with the former nurse taking the blood pressure of her boss.

I kinda like the latest one with the surfer dude asking if there are any openings for rockstars. The woman tells him to stop calling her "dude" and he says "sorry, bro". Don't know what I find that funny, but I do.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Worst ads IMO are those stupid Ottawa Job Shop ads. Especially that one with the former nurse taking the blood pressure of her boss.

I kinda like the latest one with the surfer dude asking if there are any openings for rockstars. The woman tells him to stop calling her "dude" and he says "sorry, bro". Don't know what I find that funny, but I do.

As do I, old friend.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Looks like we won't have to hear this guy anymore:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/alarmforce-s-ousted-ceo-sues-company-for-11-3m-1.1868026?cmp=rss

Joel Matlin, who was at the home security company's helm since its inception in 1988 and often the voice and face of AlarmForce in ad campaigns, claims he was dismissed without cause or notice, which goes against the terms of his contract.

He's also asking for punitive and aggravated damages because of the way the firing was handled.

"The bad faith manner of termination above has caused Joel to suffer additional mental distress, damage to his reputation, and aggravated damages beyond his contractual damages for wrongful dismissal," the statement of claim says.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Looks like we won't have to hear this guy anymore:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/alarmforce-s-ousted-ceo-sues-company-for-11-3m-1.1868026?cmp=rss

Joel Matlin, who was at the home security company's helm since its inception in 1988 and often the voice and face of AlarmForce in ad campaigns, claims he was dismissed without cause or notice, which goes against the terms of his contract.

He's also asking for punitive and aggravated damages because of the way the firing was handled.

"The bad faith manner of termination above has caused Joel to suffer additional mental distress, damage to his reputation, and aggravated damages beyond his contractual damages for wrongful dismissal," the statement of claim says.
The new commercials are the exact same script as the one he used with a different voice. What a bunch of amateurs.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My most hated commercials are the ones you see on billboards, print, tv, radio, sponsorships, on clothing and vehicles. Otherwise I'm pretty good with them :D

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think The Clutcher would agree, when it comes to most-loved commercials, "Where's the Beef?" is the gold standard.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum