GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups

+7
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
shabbs
rooneypoo
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:41 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hobiesens wrote:Don't forget the rumour that Bogosian is going to be here next year. Sarcasm

Yes please!

32Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:50 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Bryan Murray said to the 'press' this morning.. that the Sens will not be buyers at the deadline as the price is too high. He is not giving up prospects or high picks for a rental player.

Thank heaven for that..

Another little tidbit from Pierre McGuire on the Team 1200 this morning... he was speculating only.. that if both Suter & Parise do not sign with their respective clubs.. he would not be surprised for them to go as a package to a new team. They have been great friends for many years... what a pickup for any team that would be...

33Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:58 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:Bryan Murray said to the 'press' this morning.. that the Sens will not be buyers at the deadline as the price is too high. He is not giving up prospects or high picks for a rental player.

Thank heaven for that..

Another little tidbit from Pierre McGuire on the Team 1200 this morning... he was speculating only.. that if both Suter & Parise do not sign with their respective clubs.. he would not be surprised for them to go as a package to a new team. They have been great friends for many years... what a pickup for any team that would be...

Good to know!

Suter and Parise...We've got the need and the cap space!!!

34Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:17 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:Bryan Murray said to the 'press' this morning.. that the Sens will not be buyers at the deadline as the price is too high. He is not giving up prospects or high picks for a rental player.

Thank heaven for that..

Good to know!

Suter and Parise...We've got the need and the cap space!!!

Parise would make for a great successor to Alfie. Seriously, I don't know if I can name another team in the league whose roster is, in the mid to long term, so obviously missing a top-line winger & a leader. If he's available on July 1st, the only reason for a deal not to get done is that he doesn't want to play for us.

35Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:33 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

As ap ackage, not many teams could be able to offer as much money as some teams, but also the teams that can't offer them ost money are likely the oens that can offer the best chance at winning.

However, any average team, or a bubble team like Ottawa, would be greatly improved if they added not just one but both players.

So Ottawa could potentially offer a very enticing deal to both, but the cost to get them before July 1 would be too much. But if they were prepared to wait, I could see Ottawa making a pitch.

Though, the Sens need to take care of their won first, and that means re-signing Karlsson to that likely 6.5M deal.

But, imagine:

Parise, Michalek, Foligno, Greening
Spezza, Turris, Smith, O'Brien
Alfrdsson, Condra, Neil, Butler

Karlsson, Suter, Cowen, Phillips, Gonchar, ___

Not too bad.

36Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:37 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:As ap ackage, not many teams could be able to offer as much money as some teams, but also the teams that can't offer them ost money are likely the oens that can offer the best chance at winning.

However, any average team, or a bubble team like Ottawa, would be greatly improved if they added not just one but both players.

So Ottawa could potentially offer a very enticing deal to both, but the cost to get them before July 1 would be too much. But if they were prepared to wait, I could see Ottawa making a pitch.

Though, the Sens need to take care of their won first, and that means re-signing Karlsson to that likely 6.5M deal.

But, imagine:

Parise, Michalek, Foligno, Greening
Spezza, Turris, Smith, O'Brien
Alfrdsson, Condra, Neil, Butler

Karlsson, Suter, Cowen, Phillips, Gonchar, ___

Not too bad.

Parise is the type of guy I'd easily give up our 1st for, if he came with an extension. That said, I'd prefer to get him on July 1 for just $. But NJ may have other plans.

37Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That pretty much confirms that it won't be us. Good friends and Americans? Minnesota anyone?

38Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

True, a 1st for Parise is a given, because the odds of your first round pick ever becoming the type of player he is, and stepping in immediately and doing what he can do now, is a long shot.

Heck, I would even do 2 firsts for both of them, which is hard to imagine if those teams would do that deal. Typically the price for an unsigned player isn't that much, so it would have to be a given that their teams would not be able to keep them under any circumstances.

Suter is another guy the Sens should absolutely have a need for. Outside of Karlsson and arguably Cowen, who else is a top pairing d-man? Phillips and Gonchar would be ideal 3rd pairings at this stage in their careers, so a guy like Suter would be a perfect complement for Cowen.

39Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:51 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Parise is the type of guy I'd easily give up our 1st for, if he came with an extension. That said, I'd prefer to get him on July 1 for just $. But NJ may have other plans.

I think the only way that NJ retains him (before July 1) is if they pay him mega-bucks for mega-term, and I don't see Lou doing that. Also, as I've said before, why wouldn't the marquee upcoming free agent NOT want to test the FA waters?

As for Suter, that situation is a little more cloudy…although again, why wouldn't he want to test the market, especially considering he'll be desperately wanted by many teams?

40Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:That pretty much confirms that it won't be us. Good friends and Americans? Minnesota anyone?

I wouldn't be so sure. Firstly, it's speculation from McGuire. Even if it was Bob McKenzie, I wouldn't rule anything out.

And really, money is huge. Most contenders will not be bale to afford one, let alone both. The Sens could absolutely afford both (on a fair contract of course). If that is indeed what they wanted, they could absolutely do it.

When Gonchar and Alfredsson are gone, that's ~$10M in space.

41Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:05 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

From my perspective, there's 0 reason for this franchise not to pursue either or both of these guys if they become available, and to pursue them as hard as possible. I can understand them not signing with us, but not us not doing everything we can to try to win them over.

42Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Exactly, as a fan I hope that the Sens do everything within reason to land both, of course. I think first step is to re-sign Karlsson.

Right now, the Sens don't look like a legitimate championship team. But add in both Parise and Suter, and you just added a top line winger and a top pairing defenceman. One of those players is enough to put a team over the top, but both would be awesome.

Obviously getting both of them now would give them a look at what they could be a part of, but again, the cost comes in to concern, but with New Jersey and Nashville both being 5th in the conference, I can't see them trading a big part of their team when they are in the playoffs.

43Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Just for fun:

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Mika Zibanejad ($1.775m)
Milan Michalek ($4.333m) / Kyle Turris ($1.400m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.875m)
Colin Greening ($0.816m) / Zack Smith ($0.700m) / Erik Condra ($0.625m)
Jesse Winchester ($0.750m) / Jim O'Brien ($0.875m) / Chris Neil ($2.000m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($6.500m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m)
Jared Cowen ($1.265m) / Chris Phillips ($3.083m)
Sergei Gonchar ($5.500m) / Brian Lee ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson ($3.187m) / Robin Lehner ($0.870m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $118,430,833; BONUSES: $1,275,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): -$54,130,833

44Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:29 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

This team needs a Parise kind of guy to replace Alfie so bad, it's not funny. It's clear that Spezza can't shoulder the load alone, and that Alfie is still the straw that stirs the drink on this team. We need to find a replacement for Alfie ASAP -- this year, or at most next, may well be his last.

Last edited by rooneypoo on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

45Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:30 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:Just for fun:

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Mika Zibanejad ($1.775m)
Milan Michalek ($4.333m) / Kyle Turris ($1.400m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.875m)
Colin Greening ($0.816m) / Zack Smith ($0.700m) / Erik Condra ($0.625m)
Jesse Winchester ($0.750m) / Jim O'Brien ($0.875m) / Chris Neil ($2.000m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($6.500m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m)
Jared Cowen ($1.265m) / Chris Phillips ($3.083m)
Sergei Gonchar ($5.500m) / Brian Lee ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $118,430,833; BONUSES: $1,275,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): -$54,130,833

I think I just:

46Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:From my perspective, there's 0 reason for this franchise not to pursue either or both of these guys if they become available, and to pursue them as hard as possible. I can understand them not signing with us, but not us not doing everything we can to try to win them over.

I'm sure we'll make offers, but I'm very pessimistic about UFAs.

47Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:33 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Just looking at the Sens team next year, there are a lot of question marks. With all the RFAs and UFAs, makes you wonder who will be back. I can see a lot of guys being replaced from within by guys coming up from Binghamton or from the SEL.

Foligno (RFA) - can't crack the top 6, can't pay him much more to play bottom 6 - trade or resign
Regin (RFA) - too injury prone, lost his spot
O'Brien (RFA) - resigned, 4th line C
Winchester (UFA) - injured for most of season, not sure he cracks the starting lineup
Konopka (UFA) - let go, replaced by O'Brien
Daugavins (RFA) - resign, 4th line grinder
Kuba (UFA) - would be a nice re-sign if price is right ~2.5-3.5M
Karlsson (RFA) - resigned ~$6.5M
Lee (RFA) - resigned, bottom 6
Carkner (UFA) - replaced by Lee

48Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Salary Cap Chart/Lineups Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:54 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

So, based on the above, this is what I see going into next season:

FORWARDS
Milan Michalek ($4.333m) / Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Bobby Butler ($1.050m)
Colin Greening ($0.816m) / Kyle Turris ($1.400m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.875m)
Nick Foligno ($1.200m) / Zack Smith ($0.700m) / Erik Condra ($0.625m)
Kaspars Daugavins ($0.675m) / Jim O'Brien ($0.875m) / Chris Neil ($2.000m)
/ Jesse Winchester ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Jared Cowen ($1.265m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m)
Filip Kuba ($3.500m) / Brian Lee ($0.900m)
Chris Phillips ($3.083m) / Sergei Gonchar ($5.500m)

GOALTENDERS

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $51,155,833; BONUSES: $425,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $13,144,167

---------------------------------

I would gladly upgrade the top 6, but it would probably mean letting go of Foligno or Daugavins. I re-signed winchester as an extraman to carry. Would laso gladly upgrade the top 4 defence if able to. Could also sign a back-up and give Lehner another year in the AHL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum