GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suggestions for getting practice jerseys for pee wee team?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My son's pee-wee wants to get practice jerseys. We want to get numbers and a printed logo (Dash made a really nice one for us Smile ) so they can use them in tournaments. I see lots of places on-line, but does anyone have any recommendations for a place they'd dealt with before? Ideally we would need Islanders colors (that's the Kanata Blazers colors and it's the color scheme of the logo).

We are also thinking of getting baseball caps and maybe to adding an embroidered logo to put on the back (so they can wear them backwards Facepalm ). I've had to do custom embroidering before so I think I can still dig up that contact. What I would need is a place where I can get blank Islanders colors baseball caps.

Thanks in advance.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I can't recommend any place based on experience with them, since I have only dealt with a local place here. But I know Pro Hockey Life and Play it Again Sports do it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:I can't recommend any place based on experience with them, since I have only dealt with a local place here. But I know Pro Hockey Life and Play it Again Sports do it.

I was at Pro Hockey Life earlier today. I didn't see any youth-sized practice jerseys, and the adult ones I saw were $19 and up. I'm sure I've seen better prices than that online.

I was doing a bit more research on the logo printing, though. The quick quote they provide is probably for a monochrome logo. Once place had a set-up fee of $35 per color (I'm assuming any additional color beyond the first one). That logo you did obviously has a ton more colors (what with the shading and all). Is there a simple way to reduce the color depth or is that something the printer would do?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How about this? I've ordered stufff from here before (not a big quantity of practice jerseys though haha).

http://www.coolhockey.com/Custom-Team-Jerseys/c13/index.html

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:How about this? I've ordered stufff from here before (not a big quantity of practice jerseys though haha).

http://www.coolhockey.com/Custom-Team-Jerseys/c13/index.html

I'm afraid their wares are outside of our price range. We're looking (hoping?) in the neighborhood of $30/jersey including printing the logo and numbers (might have to do the numbers ourselves because they will all be different -- and will have to match the different sizes).

I've got a couple of requests for quotes out. Worst case is in a couple of days I'll have a ballpark quote.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Dash wrote:I can't recommend any place based on experience with them, since I have only dealt with a local place here. But I know Pro Hockey Life and Play it Again Sports do it.

I was at Pro Hockey Life earlier today. I didn't see any youth-sized practice jerseys, and the adult ones I saw were $19 and up. I'm sure I've seen better prices than that online.

I was doing a bit more research on the logo printing, though. The quick quote they provide is probably for a monochrome logo. Once place had a set-up fee of $35 per color (I'm assuming any additional color beyond the first one). That logo you did obviously has a ton more colors (what with the shading and all). Is there a simple way to reduce the color depth or is that something the printer would do?

I could try simplifying the colours for you.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Suggestions for getting practice jerseys for pee wee team? Kanata10

Suggestions for getting practice jerseys for pee wee team? Kanata11

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.icejerseys.com/

I've never done the orders personally, but have been part of teams that have used this website. Not sure about pricing as it looks like you need to register before going to the checkout.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Suggestions for getting practice jerseys for pee wee team? Kanata10

Suggestions for getting practice jerseys for pee wee team? Kanata11

Thanks, Dash. That second one, is that 5 colors? (blue, orange, white, black, red?) I wonder what it would look like changing the red to orange? And if the jersey itself is blue or black that would get rid of another color.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

stempniaksen wrote:http://www.icejerseys.com/

I've never done the orders personally, but have been part of teams that have used this website. Not sure about pricing as it looks like you need to register before going to the checkout.

I saw that site in my initial search. Just went back to it. Got a quote for 15 jerseys in Isles colors, with Dash's logo on the front, names and numbers on the back (printed, not sewn) and matching socks. Under $83 each including taxes. That's definitely out of our budget, even if I drop the socks and the names -- the blank jersey starts at $35 which already pretty much puts it out of our price range. Must be a nice jersey, because the practice youth jerseys I've seen are $20 and under (except for the reversible ones -- great idea, dark on one side, light on the other, so you can scrimmage).

Now, for *next* year, I'll keep this quote in the back of my pocket and bring it up at the pre-season parents meeting. With a couple of bottle drives or other fund-raising activities we could certainly drop the per-person cost.

I doubt we could get the order done this year in time for the first tournament, and I don't know if it's worth spending close to $70 (dropping the socks) for one tournament and a handful of practices (most of the practice time was before the regular season started).

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Suggestions for getting practice jerseys for pee wee team? Kanata12

I tried to get it down to 4 colours (orange, blue, black and white).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Suggestions for getting practice jerseys for pee wee team? Kanata12

I tried to get it down to 4 colours (orange, blue, black and white).

Thanks Dash. You're going to hate me, though Smile That stick of dynamite looks wrong in orange. What would it look like if you changed the orange to red?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Suggestions for getting practice jerseys for pee wee team? Kanata13

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Suggestions for getting practice jerseys for pee wee team? Kanata13

You da best!

Sponsored content