GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

McGattan has little respect for Neil

+4
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
spader
PTFlea
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1McGattan has little respect for Neil Empty McGattan has little respect for Neil Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought this deserved a thread:

Brian McGrattan, Chris Neil's former running mate in Ottawa, didn't think much of the bruiser picking a late fight with Dennis Seidenberg on Saturday. After a whistle, Neil engaged with Seidenberg, a non-fighter, and opened up a cut over his left eye.

"I heard about it," McGrattan said of Neil's actions. "That's typical Chris Neil. I had to protect that guy for three years when I was there. He'd do that and I'd have to fight all his battles for him the next time we'd play a team after he'd do something stupid like that. It doesn't surprise me."

Neil and Seidenberg were tagged with fighting majors. Neil was given an additional two minutes for roughing.

"That's the way he does it," McGrattan said. "He'll do something where he knows he'll get kicked out of the game and won't have to come back and fight anybody. I've been around him long enough to know he does that. Then I'm the one who usually has to fight his battles the next time. It's typical."

2McGattan has little respect for Neil Empty Re: McGattan has little respect for Neil Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's what's wrong with Grats comments:

1.May I ask what the heck else McGrattan was paid for at the NHL level? IIRC he was paid to protect guys - because he sure as heck couldn't play hockey at an NHL level. Chris Neil always fought his own battles, he never asked for any help.

2.Shouldn't McGrattan be thankful that Neil left him an opportunity to fight (ie do his job) at the NHL level? Without that he would have had a lot less opportunity to step on the ice during an NHL game.

3.Shouldn't Grats be thankful he even has an NHL job? Shouldn't he be saying that he LOVED that and was thankful for the opportunity to fight? Especially after flushing his career (whatever was left of it) down the toilet for abusing drugs and alchohol, he comes in and battles the other team's tough guys because of Neil - better than festering in a rehab center, right?

This goes down as one of the dumbest statements from an overgrown ape. Smile

3McGattan has little respect for Neil Empty Re: McGattan has little respect for Neil Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Furthermore - this smells of weiner envy. Neil is the player that McGrattan wishes he could be. A regular player who can also fight. Sadly, that will never happen.

4McGattan has little respect for Neil Empty Re: McGattan has little respect for Neil Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Furthermore - this smells of weiner envy. Neil is the player that McGrattan wishes he could be. A regular player who can also fight. Sadly, that will never happen.

ThumbsUp

5McGattan has little respect for Neil Empty Re: McGattan has little respect for Neil Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What a dumb, dumb thing to say.

6McGattan has little respect for Neil Empty Re: McGattan has little respect for Neil Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You'd think that Neil only ever played with Grats or something. Doesn't he know Neil had to be the Sens tough guy before Grats showed up?

Dumb dumb dumb.

- Unknown Author

7McGattan has little respect for Neil Empty Re: McGattan has little respect for Neil Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:45 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

It's telling that you misspelled his name in the title. Laugh1

8McGattan has little respect for Neil Empty Re: McGattan has little respect for Neil Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:It's telling that you misspelled his name in the title. Laugh1

Oops... Laughing3

9McGattan has little respect for Neil Empty Re: McGattan has little respect for Neil Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:03 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

McGrattan waived:

TSN wrote:Boston, MA (Sports Network) - The Boston Bruins have waived forward Brian McGrattan with the intent of sending him to Providence of the American Hockey League.

McGrattan signed a one-year contract with the Bruins on October 11 after being invited to training camp on a tryout basis. He was a healthy scratch in nine games and had a three-game conditioning stint at Providence in late October.

A five-year veteran, McGrattan spent last season with Calgary and had one goal and three assists over 34 games. He also totaled 86 penalty minutes.

In 182 games in the NHL, he has totaled three goals, 11 assists and 395 penalty minutes. The 29-year-old has also skated for Ottawa and Phoenix.

10McGattan has little respect for Neil Empty Re: McGattan has little respect for Neil Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:04 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Ain't karma a b....

11McGattan has little respect for Neil Empty Re: McGattan has little respect for Neil Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:07 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:McGrattan waived:

TSN wrote:Boston, MA (Sports Network) - The Boston Bruins have waived forward Brian McGrattan with the intent of sending him to Providence of the American Hockey League.

McGrattan signed a one-year contract with the Bruins on October 11 after being invited to training camp on a tryout basis. He was a healthy scratch in nine games and had a three-game conditioning stint at Providence in late October.

A five-year veteran, McGrattan spent last season with Calgary and had one goal and three assists over 34 games. He also totaled 86 penalty minutes.

In 182 games in the NHL, he has totaled three goals, 11 assists and 395 penalty minutes. The 29-year-old has also skated for Ottawa and Phoenix.

This isn't the same McGrattan that Don Cherry insisted would score 20 goals if he got the playing time, is it? Facepalm

12McGattan has little respect for Neil Empty Re: McGattan has little respect for Neil Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:44 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neil totally took the high road on this one in his earlier reply to McGrattan, too, and just make the guy look like an even bigger jerk. Hilarious.

I used to like McGrattan a lot, and I understand that there was (as Neil said) a political angle to his comments (i.e., he was trying to use them to get back onto an NHL roster), but I think he came off looking really bad in trying to throw a solid former teammate to the wolves like that.

13McGattan has little respect for Neil Empty Re: McGattan has little respect for Neil Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:01 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Neil totally took the high road on this one in his earlier reply to McGrattan, too, and just make the guy look like an even bigger jerk. Hilarious.

I used to like McGrattan a lot, and I understand that there was (as Neil said) a political angle to his comments (i.e., he was trying to use them to get back onto an NHL roster), but I think he came off looking really bad in trying to throw a solid former teammate to the wolves like that.

Also, I was under the impression that the league's tough guys had a code of honor amongst themselves...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum