GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which Sens prospect is your personal favourite?

+10
top shelf15
CockRoche
stempniaksen
ddt
SensGirl11
asq2
Amnesia021
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Which one of our prospects is your favourite?

Is it one of the big guns like Cowen or Lehner? Or is it someone who's a gritty player like Cowick or Gryba?

There's a concensus on what the top prospects are for Ottawa (this board chose Robin Lehner as the top), but who is your actual favourite?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My current favourite has got to be Cowen. I personally want to see more of Rundblad as well because there's an exciting potential of him and EK ripping it up in the not too distant future.

What I'd really like to be talking about is a forward prospect but, there's none that really get me pumped. Even the members on here that know a fair bit about our forward prospect pool don't say anything that gets me revved up about them.

- Unknown Author

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Lehner for me. We've never had that bonafide number one goal tender....EVER! Could he be the one? I gotta hope yes. we've had several stud D-men, great offensive weapons in the past, but what I'm really hoping for (even in the new nhl) is a goalie that will strike fear in opponents' eyes. Rhodes, Tugnutt, Lalime, Emery, Hasek, Gerber, Elliot, and Leclaire have all been decent. Out of the bunch, Lalime was the best one. But lets face it, he was a pleasant surprise if anything.

simon lajeunesse (sp?), mathieu chiounard (sp?), jeff glass, not one ever played in the NHL. It's time for a goalie to finally pan out for the sens, and that's why my favorite prospect (the one I'm most excited for) is Lehner.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like Lehner as well, but I could get excited about Culek big time. Along with Hoffman, Butler and Wick, Silfverberg, Petersson as well I guess, this guy has a real chance of being a big, strong, offensive player for us in about 3-4 years - just in time (IMO) for a strong run in the playoffs.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

My personal Fav is Chris Wideman... buts thats probably because I've got a special place in my heart for Miami U... He could turn out to be like Andy Greene or even better, Dan Boyle ThumbsUp

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amnesia021 wrote:My personal Fav is Chris Wideman... buts thats probably because I've got a special place in my heart for Miami U... He could turn out to be like Andy Greene or even better, Dan Boyle ThumbsUp

Yeah, Wideman's a great prospect.

Did you know that Bryan Murray signed Dan Boyle out of university for the Florida Panthers? I thought that was cool when I heard that.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:...What I'm really hoping for (even in the new nhl) is a goalie that will strike fear in opponents' eyes. Rhodes, Tugnutt, Lalime, Emery, Hasek, Gerber, Elliot, and Leclaire have all been decent.

Hasek was awesome. 28-10-4, 2.09 GAA, 0.925 SV%, 5 SOs.

Early Vezina front-runner prior to injury. Which Sens prospect is your personal favourite? 521674

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lets hope Gonchar can have a similar impact to what Hasek brought when he was healthy.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Now that Neely's not around, I can make this argument again:

Dom Hasek was easily our best goaltender ever to strap on the pads. He was fierce, acrobatic, talented, sharp. He amazed me, I wish two things:

a)he hadn't gone to the cussing Olympics
b)that we had re-signed him

I also need to state that I'd take him now, at 42, over Pascal Leclaire without missing a beat.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Now that Neely's not around, I can make this argument again:

Dom Hasek was easily our best goaltender ever to strap on the pads. He was fierce, acrobatic, talented, sharp. He amazed me, I wish two things:

I also need to state that I'd take him now, at 42, over Pascal Leclaire without missing a beat.

He's 45. We had him at 39.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Now that Neely's not around, I can make this argument again:

Ahh, but you're forgetting about the Time Machine we're currently renting! Which Sens prospect is your personal favourite? New_ic11

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

Wow, I think I may have known he was 45, but it didn't click. He's still playing profession hockey in the KHL - and I'd STILL take him over Pascal Leclaire.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:...What I'm really hoping for (even in the new nhl) is a goalie that will strike fear in opponents' eyes. Rhodes, Tugnutt, Lalime, Emery, Hasek, Gerber, Elliot, and Leclaire have all been decent.

Early Vezina front-runner prior to injury. Which Sens prospect is your personal favourite? 521674

Hasek was the most skilled out of all of them, and maaan he was onto something very big that year. But.....he still didn't pan out like ottawa wanted cuz of the injury and basic refusal to play in the playoffs 2nd round.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Robin Lehner is by far my favourite prospect. I have a soft spot for goalies for sure and I have been excited about him since day 1. I truly believe he will be a star with this team for many years to come, I believe we have found our true number 1, finally!

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Hasek was the most skilled out of all of them, and maaan he was onto something very big that year. But.....he still didn't pan out like ottawa wanted cuz of the injury and basic refusal to play in the playoffs 2nd round.

Oh Hasek...it makes me cry to this day. Which Sens prospect is your personal favourite? 521674 Why did he insist on the Olympics? He needed that time to rest...I'll never understand.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum