GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

+30
Number Twenty Nine
sandysensfan
spader
NEELY
22_4_ever
tim1_2
Straight Shooter
Amnesia021
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
ddt
Hoags
beerandsens
SensGirl11
SDH89
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
M_Christopher
sens4win
Riprock
SensFan71
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
dennycrane
SensHulk
rooneypoo
PTFlea
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

16FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:05 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, Souray is a lefty.

17FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:05 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dreger: Toronto will make calls today on most of the key ufa's. They're targeting a 3rd line forward and another D-man. Stockpiling for later deals

Your depth has to be pretty bad if you are targeting a third liner. This isn't a March deadline deal, targeting a third liner who's won a Cup (and we all know how well *that* can turn out).

18FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:15 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:Here are my predictions for the Sens:

Lies. I'm sure Murray will make a depth signing much like Robitaille or Ruutu.

Forget about the fact that we need another top line player (we've only got 2), and a shot blocking defenceman, I don't see Murray being able to fill the holes that need to be filled. My god, I can't take another season like two years ago when all he did was patchwork.

19FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:18 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Burke's targeting third-liners. There won't be any depth players left.

20FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:19 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Burke's targeting third-liners. There won't be any depth players left.
A third liner on another team or a third liner on the Leafs?

Cuz, that's a pretty big difference...

Hee hee.

21FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Burke's targeting third-liners. There won't be any depth players left.

Hee hee.

I read that as targeting players to play on the Leafs' third line (apparently they have no prospects in their system ready enough to step in and play 10 minutes per game). I'm not trying to post a serious reply to your joking comment. I'm just not sure what/who you were cracking the joke on. I think I need my second cup.

22FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:35 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Hee hee.

I read that as targeting players to play on the Leafs' third line (apparently they have no prospects in their system ready enough to step in and play 10 minutes per game). I'm not trying to post a serious reply to your joking comment. I'm just not sure what/who you were cracking the joke on. I think I need my second cup.
I was poking fun at the Leafs... and yeah, go get that second cup man.

23FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:43 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 15028829v0_150x150_Back

24FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:58 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

not sure on the source, but this was sent to me by the manager on duty, he might just be sending this to me because he's a leaf fan and jealous lol

Matt Cullen All But Assured to Sign with Wild Soon Into Free Agency

Earlier comments by Russo lead me to believe that the Wild are, in fact, targeting Cullen today and not Modano or Martin: disappointing! Russo said earlier this week in a internet radio interview that the Wild had a plan and a specific player in mind that wanted to play here. Russo's column on Cullen today all but confirms for me that that player is Cullen. To listen to interview go to rldhockey.net's blog talk. Go to Tuesday's show and then to the 31st minute of that day's programming to hear Russo's full comments re free agency.Also chats regarding Saku Koivu too.

25FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:20 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Source=Eklund

Still, you get the feeling that when the music stops, Bryan Murray may not have a chair.

26FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:25 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Pavel Kubina- Ottawa
Colby Armstrong- Pittsburgh
Maxim Afinogenov- Pittsburgh
Toni Lydman- Washington
Henrik Tallinder- Washignton
Ray Whitney- Pittsburgh
Kim Johnsson- Pittsburgh
Brett Clark- Ottawa
Mike Modano- Detroit
Marty Turco- San Jose
Alexander Frolov- NYI
Dan Hamhuis- Calgary
Dan Ellis- Tampa Bay
Ilya Kovalchuk- Los Angeles
Paul Martin- Columbus
Martin Biron- Montreal
Andy Sutton- NYI
Matt Cullen- Minnessota
Anton Volchenkov- Washington
Lee Stempniak- Phoenix
Matthew Lombardi- St. Louis
Zbynek Michalek- Anaheim
Sergei Gonchar- San Jose
Alexei Ponikarovsky- Ottawa
Jordan Leopold- Anaheim
Evgeni Nabokov- KHL
Paul Kariya- Anaheim
Chris Mason- Tampa Bay
Kurtis Foster- Ottawa
Pavol Demitra- Minnesota
Willie Mitchell- Ottawa
Joe Corvo- Colorado
Jose Theodore- Montreal

27FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:29 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ottawa's stock-piling the D!

28FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:41 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:
Source=Eklund

Still, you get the feeling that when the music stops, Bryan Murray may not have a chair.

than this is a big pile of dung then, glad to hear it.

29FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:48 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Ottawa's stock-piling the D!

Haha, not that I think all of them will happen, but at least one I hope to get right.

30FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:48 am

dennycrane wrote:Source=Eklund

The source of Cullen to Minny isn't actually Eklund, rather a beat writer in Minny. Eklund just scourced it (and gave credit!!!).

31FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:51 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:

The source of Cullen to Minny isn't actually Eklund, rather a beat writer in Minny. Eklund just scourced it (and gave credit!!!).

If Cullen has already decided on MIN, uh, yeah, time for a tampering inquiry. How does something like this get decided before anyone can make any offers or even express interest???

32FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:03 am

rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:

If Cullen has already decided on MIN, uh, yeah, time for a tampering inquiry. How does something like this get decided before anyone can make any offers or even express interest???

I don't think it's a tampering issue. This is the opinion of a beat writer. The article mentioned that this is the 3rd time Cullen has been a UFA and this is the 3rd time the Wild will pursue the Minnesota native. The article mentioned how Cullen was quoted as saying he wasn't ready earlier in his career to play in his "hometown", but has since matured and would certainly consider it.

33FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:19 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll miss you Cullen...if you go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum