GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leafs Press Conference - 06/14/10 @ 3PM ET

+3
SensHulk
PTFlea
Riprock
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Will provide notes as they come in. Can be streamed here: http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=61026

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's just to announce Phaneuf as captain.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Diddle the leafs

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:It's just to announce Phaneuf as captain.

I prefer to wait for Dash's notes before I believe that.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It is EXPECTED to be Phaneuf and the Jerseys, but if more happens I will let you know

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Wendell Clark, Darryl Sitler and George Armstrong on the stage

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Phaneuf on stage with Burke and Wilson, Leafs are filling in now too

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The Toronto Maple Leafs new captain...

Leafs Press Conference - 06/14/10 @ 3PM ET Phaneu10

Leafs Press Conference - 06/14/10 @ 3PM ET Phaneu11

Is he the youngest captain in Leafs history?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Leafs Press Conference - 06/14/10 @ 3PM ET Phaneu12

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Good choice by the Leafs for sure. They needed a leader and I think Phaneuf will do a great job.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Good choice by the Leafs for sure. They needed a leader and I think Phaneuf will do a great job.

perhaps from the crop they currently have....and even then I don't know. Phaneuf is known to have an ego, has been rumored to be bad in the locker room (reason why the flames put him on the block?). I think its a bad idea to give it to him...assistant at most.

Also, how's it good to give it months before training camp? he shoudl have earned it though training camp. PR move, and a way to sell more 'new' jerseys.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Good choice by the Leafs for sure. They needed a leader and I think Phaneuf will do a great job.

perhaps from the crop they currently have....and even then I don't know. Phaneuf is known to have an ego, has been rumored to be bad in the locker room (reason why the flames put him on the block?). I think its a bad idea to give it to him...assistant at most.

Also, how's it good to give it months before training camp? he shoudl have earned it though training camp. PR move, and a way to sell more 'new' jerseys.

I guess considering who they have on their team, it is a good choice. I have heard about his ego and dressing room problems, but I think this might be the best move to have him mature into an all around good player and leader. He's a huge piece for them. Most NHLers mature, I don't doubt that he will. Especially with the added responsibility in a hockey mad city. I guess we shall see what will happen, but I think it'll be fine.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Wow, those jerseys make them all look like heffers! Leafs Press Conference - 06/14/10 @ 3PM ET 62136

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He's young, he's talented, he's signed long-term, and he does lead by example. Good choice.

I think in a few years the Flames will be laughed upon for trading their future captain.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh boy, I'm not sure he's the best choice at all. He might be the only choice though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum