GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for HTML coding expertise.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Looking for HTML coding expertise. Empty Looking for HTML coding expertise. Wed May 19, 2010 11:18 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hello HTML code junkies. I have the ability to host HTML pages made entirely from scratch on here and would love it if someone would create a page where we can move the SIM forums and perhaps host the Web version of Simon T as well.

This would once and for all solve the issue of SIM topics filling up the latest topics list and would separate things out nicely.

I thought briefly about creating an entirely new forum that would be accessible through GMHockey.com but that would require synchronizing the two forums and would require logging in twice.

I had a look at the Portal Page management option but it seems to only allow widgets to be added. Unless someone knows how to build a Forum category like the GM SIM section out of HTML code that could be added as a widget (is that even possible?) then we're kinda stuck.

- Unknown Author

2Looking for HTML coding expertise. Empty Re: Looking for HTML coding expertise. Wed May 19, 2010 12:04 pm

I would love to have something like Outlaw (see link) and would actually chip in money to 'buy' my franchise and contribute to 'revenue sharing'..

http://www.outlawhockeyleague.com/

basically i propose that we pay a modest sum (say 20$) for our franchises to pay someone to put the site up. Once a GM no longer wants to play he can then sell his franchise for whatever the going rate is...This would (1) help the look and presentation of the game, and (2) encourage GMs to make wise decisions as to not have to sell their franchises for 1$ (hello Howie!).

In the event that a GM is MIA for an extended period of time without notice, the GMHLS board of governors could intervene and force the sale of the team to the highest bidder (pending the owners 'suitability' and 'character') and refund the original owner if the bid was equal or smaller then the price he originally paid for it. Any amount over the original purchase price would go into making the sim better..

just a thought..

3Looking for HTML coding expertise. Empty Re: Looking for HTML coding expertise. Wed May 19, 2010 12:19 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That's a pretty good idea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum