GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can the Bruins pull it off?

+10
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Ev
Riprock
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Flyers vs. Bruins game 7

Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2100%Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 100% [ 8 ]
Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Thu May 13, 2010 7:07 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lets go Flyers. Seriously. I want them to win. I was 2 years old when the Isles pulled off the comeback so I want to be able to witness this when I can understand and appreciate what I'd be witnessing.

Plus I picked Flyers in the bracket pool. Wink

17Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Thu May 13, 2010 8:40 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Maybe this thread should be titled: "Can the Flyers pull it (it being a comeback from a 3-0 series defecit) off?"

18Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Thu May 13, 2010 8:54 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Maybe this thread should be titled: "Can the Flyers pull it (it being a comeback from a 3-0 series defecit) off?"

It was meant as a sarcastic jab at the Bruins. Can they pull off the biggest choke job since the Penguins in 1975.

19Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Thu May 13, 2010 9:06 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Dash wrote:Maybe this thread should be titled: "Can the Flyers pull it (it being a comeback from a 3-0 series defecit) off?"

It was meant as a sarcastic jab at the Bruins. Can they pull off the biggest choke job since the Penguins in 1975.

The way Boston lost game 5 had me thinking this series was over (for the Bruins). I didn't realize how long the odds were, though.

20Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Thu May 13, 2010 9:12 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

The way Boston lost game 5 had me thinking this series was over (for the Bruins). I didn't realize how long the odds were, though.

That and having only scored 1 goal in the last two games spells disaster.

I'm really excited for this game. We could be witnessing an event actually worthy of being a NHL History will be made clip.

All teams and players once labeled as chokers will be forever grateful if this actually occurs. Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

21Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Thu May 13, 2010 10:21 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I really don't see how the Bruins can win it now. It might be different if they had some clutch players like Richards and Pronger.

22Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Thu May 13, 2010 10:24 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:I really don't see how the Bruins can win it now. It might be different if they had some clutch players like Richards and Pronger.

Don't count them out yet. This has only happened twice in history and is by no means over for the Bruins. They have another shot at closing them out at home. They still have Chara, Savard, Lucic, Bergeron and Rask. Rask just needs one game like he's capable of playing and the Flyers comeback will be all for not.

I'm still rooting for the Flyers though because I want to witness a historic event.

- Unknown Author

23Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Thu May 13, 2010 10:25 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

True, they could win it still, but the Flyers actually play their best hockey with Leighton in nets. They were like 16-5 with him in nets this year.

24Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Thu May 13, 2010 11:50 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I need the flyers to win cuz then I was right in prediction which can help ease the pain of the wings and pens losing. Plus, how often do we see a 3-0 lead be erased? Time for some freakin' history to be made (like those stupid commercials)

25Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Fri May 14, 2010 6:21 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Never been to Pittsburgh, but Philly is a nice town Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 54934

They both suck. Pittsburgh people are mean and Philly people are lazy fnckers.

26Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Fri May 14, 2010 6:51 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:I need the flyers to win cuz then I was right in prediction which can help ease the pain of the wings and pens losing. Plus, how often do we see a 3-0 lead be erased? Time for some freakin' history to be made (like those stupid commercials)

5 times a team has brought a series to 7 after being down by 3 and only 2 teams were successful in coming back and winning the series.

- Unknown Author

27Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Fri May 14, 2010 7:00 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Even though I picked Boston in the pool, I wouldn't mind history to be made.

28Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Fri May 14, 2010 7:05 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Even though I picked Boston in the pool, I wouldn't mind history to be made.

This round would be somewhat salvaged if Philly won plus the whole history thing.
I never realized that the Isles came back from down 3 games to none twice in the same playoff year. They only one the first series and brought the next one to seven and lost but still.

I read it on Sportsnet I think. I was 2 at the time so I can't say I remember it at all.

How about you prages? You would have been 13.

- Unknown Author

29Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Fri May 14, 2010 7:57 am

I think Philly wins. they have all the momentum. To bad for MTL cause I don't think they can compete with Philly's physical play.

30Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Fri May 14, 2010 8:47 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DirtyDave wrote:I think Philly wins. they have all the momentum. To bad for MTL cause I don't think they can compete with Philly's physical play.

I really hope Philly wins but I'm not expecting it that's for sure. As for Montreal I fully expect them to be in the Cup Finals. They won't win the Cup as Chicago or SJ will take them down in 6 or 7 games IMO.

- Unknown Author

31Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Fri May 14, 2010 9:57 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:I think Philly wins. they have all the momentum. To bad for MTL cause I don't think they can compete with Philly's physical play.

I really hope Philly wins but I'm not expecting it that's for sure. As for Montreal I fully expect them to be in the Cup Finals. They won't win the Cup as Chicago or SJ will take them down in 6 or 7 games IMO.

I agree - like Ottawa they will fail to seal the deal.

32Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Fri May 14, 2010 10:06 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I agree - like Ottawa they will fail to seal the deal.

Like Ottawa, Calgary (Excluding 89) and Edmonton (Excluding the 80s).

- Unknown Author

33Can the Bruins pull it off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can the Bruins pull it off? Fri May 14, 2010 10:09 am

I REALLY hope SJ doesn't win the cup

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum