GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Souray demands trade - rips into Oilers' management

+6
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
cain69
Phoenix30
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Probably want to stay clear of this guy. I realize there's issues in Edmonton, but to air his dirty laundry for everyone isn't a great trait no matter what.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd take the risk if it meant removing Kovalev and Cheechoo.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

I'll pass.

We need to try and resign A-Train(and/or Sutton).

While it's sad how the Oilers have treated him it's not a good sign for him to air the dirty laundry out like that.

He's always wanted to play in the West so I don't think he'd be happy here, he certainly won't waive his NTC to come here. Penner's the only guy from the Oilers I'd try and get.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:"Management has soured on me, and I’ve soured on them," he continued. "The fans are great, they’ve accepted me here, I see the jerseys in the stands. I couldn’t have pictured a more opposite vision of what my experience here would be like."

????

So he thought management would be great but the fans would be ****holes?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I'll pass.

We need to try and resign A-Train(and/or Sutton).

While it's sad how the Oilers have treated him it's not a good sign for him to air the dirty laundry out like that.

He's always wanted to play in the West so I don't think he'd be happy here, he certainly won't waive his NTC to come here. Penner's the only guy from the Oilers I'd try and get.

Someone mentioned that his NTC ends on July 1st, so Edmonton will deal him then to whomever they choose.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:"Management has soured on me, and I’ve soured on them," he continued. "The fans are great, they’ve accepted me here, I see the jerseys in the stands. I couldn’t have pictured a more opposite vision of what my experience here would be like."

????

Laughing3 I can't believe I missed that. That is too funny. I don't think he meant it that way of course.

- Unknown Author

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Someone mentioned that his NTC ends on July 1st, so Edmonton will deal him then to whomever they choose.

Yeah but Souray would never waive his NTC to come here and if Edmonton shipped him here against his will I can't see him being happy. Plus with Karlsson do we really need a D-man like souray ?

I'd rather get Penner from them if we're gonna deal with the Oilers.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wouldn't mind Karlsson and Souray as our first unit PP D-men would you?

- Unknown Author

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I wouldn't mind Karlsson and Souray as our first unit PP D-men would you?

I certainly wouldn't but I think a top-6 forward like Penner would be more important if we were talking with the Oilers.

It would depend on what combination of A-train/Sutton/Cullen we keep for next year. Cullen, Alfie and Karlsson are really effective on the point.

Souray is a pretty big cap hit to take on and his health is questionable.

Last edited by Hoags on Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I wouldn't mind Karlsson and Souray as our first unit PP D-men would you?

Just have to be patient and wait to see what shakes out this summer. I certainly wouldn't want to pay Souray 5.5 million dollars just to man the point on the PP. I think we can and will find other ways to fill out the top 4. ESPECIALLY if A-Train and Sutton end up leaving. There's around 6 million bucks to get someone(s).

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd personally like to see us hang onto Sutton or A-Train. I think with Karlsson, Phillips, Kuba, Campoli and Carkner we can't keep both. Not just in terms of money but in terms of roster spots and what they bring to the D.

I don't want A-Train and Sutton taking up 2 of the top four spots. This is what I'd like to see next season on D, assuming Kuba is still with us and Murray makes no moves on D other than trading/letting go of A-Train.

Phillips - Kuba
Sutton - Karlsson
Carkner - Campoli/Cowen

- Unknown Author

asq2 wrote:

????

Souray demands trade - rips into Oilers' management - Page 2 62136 Souray demands trade - rips into Oilers' management - Page 2 62136 hockey players...

That's gotta be good news for them though...they needed to clear out cap space off of that back-end.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:

????

Souray should have just shut his trap and asked for a trade... not sure what he was trying to do by going public like this... with all the bad mouthing... ridiculous and unprofessional. Did the Healtey fiasco not teach him anything?

Facepalm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
asq2 wrote:

????

Souray should have just shut his trap and asked for a trade... not sure what he was trying to do by going public like this... with all the bad mouthing... ridiculous and unprofessional. Did the Healtey fiasco not teach him anything?

Facepalm

Seriously, learn the lesson.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
asq2 wrote:

????

Souray demands trade - rips into Oilers' management - Page 2 489887

It taught him that you can be a Diddling prick and end up playing in the exact city that you choose.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

His NTC expires on July 1st. I'd send him to Buffalo or some other area in America's armpit. There you go dickhead, enjoy!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:His NTC expires on July 1st. I'd send him to Buffalo or some other area in America's armpit. There you go dickhead, enjoy!
2 more years at a $5.4M cap hit... injury prone... 33 years old... they are going to have to someone's garbage to move him I think...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum