GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Corey Haim

+4
Hobiesens
SeawaySensFan
cain69
SensGirl11
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Corey Haim - Page 2 Empty Re: Corey Haim Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:I had forgotten that he was Canadian.

That explains this:

Corey Haim - Page 2 19783310

Or the funeral of a Peel police officer that took place yesterday.

Why isn't there a thread for that then?

17Corey Haim - Page 2 Empty Re: Corey Haim Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I don't know. Other than being local maybe National news worthy, he's not a child star of the 80's.

18Corey Haim - Page 2 Empty Re: Corey Haim Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:20 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Really a shame. Apparently he'd been taking care of his mother, who is battling cancer. Also, considering his current projects (two movies completed, on in post production, one filming, and *five* in pre-production) I'd say that he's been trying to get his career back on track. Maybe it was not illegal drugs after all.

19Corey Haim - Page 2 Empty Re: Corey Haim Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:30 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who?

20Corey Haim - Page 2 Empty Re: Corey Haim Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You're too young

21Corey Haim - Page 2 Empty Re: Corey Haim Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:56 pm

Who cares about this? The guy killed himself, pretty simple. Crack heads die everyday. Tough to feel sorry for a guy who gets more chances then 99% of the people on this planet.

22Corey Haim - Page 2 Empty Re: Corey Haim Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:25 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Who cares about this? The guy killed himself, pretty simple. Crack heads die everyday. Tough to feel sorry for a guy who gets more chances then 99% of the people on this planet.

Pretty much^^.

23Corey Haim - Page 2 Empty Re: Corey Haim Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:Who cares about this? The guy killed himself, pretty simple. Crack heads die everyday. Tough to feel sorry for a guy who gets more chances then 99% of the people on this planet.

You really don't know that for certain, though. Addiction is not a disease only of the spoiled. He was trying to take care of his mother who is battling cancer. It's quite possible that he didn't kill himself and, even if he did, there really isn't anything simple about that. Someone who kills himself rarely does it to get attention. Typically it's because they see no other way out of whatever it is they are battling. More often than not, someone committing suicide has a mental illness. And that's not something to take lightly, either. Statistics say that one of every four people you know have some sort of mental illness. It ranges from mild cases of OCD to some really serious stuff. Saying it's tough to feel sorry like that really says a lot more about yourself than about the person you're speaking about.

24Corey Haim - Page 2 Empty Re: Corey Haim Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:10 pm

He was trying to take care of someone who he has put through torture for his entire adult life. Good man.

Addiction is something that people with character can overcome with the help of others and family. He had 2 of those things.

Point being is I would rather hear about a Canadian Soldier or a police officer trying to make the world a better place and risking their lives for others instead of some crack head just wasting one.

25Corey Haim - Page 2 Empty Re: Corey Haim Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:He was trying to take care of someone who he has put through torture for his entire adult life. Good man.

Addiction is something that people with character can overcome with the help of others and family. He had 2 of those things.

Point being is I would rather hear about a Canadian Soldier or a police officer trying to make the world a better place and risking their lives for others instead of some crack head just wasting one.

So start a thread. You went out of your way to post something negative here. Do something positive instead, for a change. For a challenge.

26Corey Haim - Page 2 Empty Re: Corey Haim Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:32 pm

About this guy no, but I just wonder why people post this kind of thing about a guy who wasted everything vs a guy who probably had a good life and it was taken away because he was doing his job by protecting others.

That's news worthy, not this.

27Corey Haim - Page 2 Empty Re: Corey Haim Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:About this guy no, but I just wonder why people post this kind of thing about a guy who wasted everything vs a guy who probably had a good life and it was taken away because he was doing his job by protecting others.

That's news worthy, not this.

I was not arguing if this was newsworthy or not. I did not post this thread, so you cannot infer my position on that from my earlier comments.

I sad it was "sad" and that's not something you could argue against.

28Corey Haim - Page 2 Empty Re: Corey Haim Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:58 pm

His whole life was sad, this was just the conclussion and an expected one at that. Only person(s) I feel bad for are his parents.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum