GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL sues ex-Coyotes owner Moyes

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NHL sues ex-Coyotes owner Moyes Empty NHL sues ex-Coyotes owner Moyes Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0511222820100306

NHL accuses Jerry Moyes of violations of agreement

* League bought Coyotes for $140 million in November
* NHL says ex-coach Wayne Gretzky may be owed $8 million

According to the complaint, the NHL is seeking $30 million for violations of the agreement, $10 million for aiding and abetting violations of the Coyotes' fiduciary duty to the league, $10 million of punitive damages, and $11.6 million to cover amounts that the NHL paid to Coyotes creditors. The NHL said it may also seek to recover $8 million that represents unpaid salary owed to Wayne Gretzky, the Hall of
Fame center and former Coyotes coach.

Interesting that they are including Gretzky in this. I though he would have to fight his own battle (or, actually, to pay for his own battle).

2NHL sues ex-Coyotes owner Moyes Empty Re: NHL sues ex-Coyotes owner Moyes Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:25 am

Good for them. Moyes tried to use legal loopholes to sell the team to Ballsilie. Nice to see the league may fight for Gretzky too. Not that he needs it, but the league probably owes it to 99 after all he's done for the league and the sport.

3NHL sues ex-Coyotes owner Moyes Empty Re: NHL sues ex-Coyotes owner Moyes Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:Good for them. Moyes tried to use legal loopholes to sell the team to Ballsilie. Nice to see the league may fight for Gretzky too. Not that he needs it, but the league probably owes it to 99 after all he's done for the league and the sport.

He's still married to Janet. With her gambling debts he just might need every cent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum