GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade NEIL

+7
Acrobat
Mosky
Riprock
COLLAR UP
Cronie
jamvan
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Trade NEIL Empty Trade NEIL Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:35 am

Before he loses value!!!!

2Trade NEIL Empty Re: Trade NEIL Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Monkhouse wrote:Before he loses value!!!!

3rd person I've heard say that this morning.

I love having Neil if it means he's back, but his value will quite possibly never be higher.

3Trade NEIL Empty Re: Trade NEIL Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:44 am

504Heater wrote:

I love having Neil if it means he's back, but his value will quite possibly never be higher.

Neil and Shubert for A McDonald....

4Trade NEIL Empty Re: Trade NEIL Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:45 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Good point.

Trade Schubert and Neil for Cheechoo

5Trade NEIL Empty Re: Trade NEIL Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:45 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Monkhouse wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Neil and Shubert for A McDonald....
I'd do that one as well.

6Trade NEIL Empty Re: Trade NEIL Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:40 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cheechoo or MacDonald would be AWESOME!!

We have Bass and Carkner AND Yablonski... We'll be fine...

and good point Monkhouse. you need to strike while the iron is hot, and Neil, assuming he keeps playing like he did last night, will continue to have value...

7Trade NEIL Empty Re: Trade NEIL Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:44 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

While I see why this is being said...one has to look at the financial's as well...

If Neil continues to play like this...at his 1.2 mil cap hit...he is well worth keeping...

He is a team motivator and a crowd fav...

IMO...if he continues to play like this...KEEP HIM...at the very least until February deadline...

8Trade NEIL Empty Re: Trade NEIL Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I won't lie, I was one that thought he could very well be traded. After last night that changed.

Call it flip-flopping if you want, but if you think about it, he does what he needs to. He's tough, he's gritty, he's dirty. He has no problem parking himself in front of the net and taking a pounding all to get a piece of the puck for a deflection or rebound.

Sure we have Bass and Ruutu, but does it hurt to have all 3? Bass is likely to play under 5 minutes a night, and play some PK time. Ruutu perhaps 3rd or 4th line minutes, same with Neil. And if they add 5-10 goals a piece, even better.

Neil got a lot of PP time last night and did him well.

Who knows, at best he could put up Avery numbers.

9Trade NEIL Empty Re: Trade NEIL Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:24 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like your point Dash about Neil on the PP.
A lot of my take on keeping Neil truly rides on him maintaining last night's kind of effort consistently. We all saw him at his proverbial WORST last season, so as long as he doesn't start falling back towards that, I say keep him for at least 2 reasons: financial and I STILL love the 3 punch combo of Neil, Ruutu and Bass! Smile

Now, with the rumors swirling that he's still trying to iron out an extension, if this is indeed true, and I've been assured it is, it is in Neil's best interests to only improve his play...

10Trade NEIL Empty Re: Trade NEIL Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:26 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:I like your point Dash about Neil on the PP.
A lot of my take on keeping Neil truly rides on him maintaining last night's kind of effort consistently. We all saw him at his proverbial WORST last season, so as long as he doesn't start falling back towards that, I say keep him for at least 2 reasons: financial and I STILL love the 3 punch combo of Neil, Ruutu and Bass! Smile

Now, with the rumors swirling that he's still trying to iron out an extension, if this is indeed true, and I've been assured it is, it is in Neil's best interests to only improve his play...
Neil was told they wouldn't talk until season's end.

11Trade NEIL Empty Re: Trade NEIL Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:39 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That does give Neil a lot of reasons to elevate his play to the fullest of his abilities.

Whether it is with the Senators or 29 other teams in the NHL, or abroad (however unlikely), Neil will want to show everyone what he is capable of and more. Obviously it helps when he is given the chance to broaden his play in various situations (PP). Granted, it is pre-season, and everyone who is nobody can score goal after goal, but can't seem to cut it with the big team full-time (Bochenski, Hamel).

Looks like our PP units could look like:

Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson

Winchester-Vermette-Neil ?

Not much Fisher time is there....

12Trade NEIL Empty Re: Trade NEIL Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:36 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Neil would be great there, and hope to see him put up the PP time. For now, lets keep him, but wait to see what could be on the market come trade deadline time...

13Trade NEIL Empty Re: Trade NEIL Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:05 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

You have to think that Fisher will be on PP2 once he is better - wouldn't that leave Neil out again?

14Trade NEIL Empty Re: Trade NEIL Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:37 pm

AlfieforPM

AlfieforPM
Prospect
Prospect

I was definately someone who thought that trading Neil (for Barker perhaps) was a great idea during the summer after the Ruuutuuuuu signing but after hearing Murray on the Radio tooday I highly doubt that Chris Neil is going anywhere soon. He wants our bottom 2 lines to be tough as nails to play against and bring the intensity that Neil brings every shift. The more of these types of players the better, in Murray's eyes. The GM knows what he's doing and has a vision of what he wants this team to be and so far, in preseason, his vision has come to fruition. Neil will have a very important role on this year's version of the Senators. If Murray's vision does not come alive then I see Neil being moved in February but as long as this team is competitive and a contender Neil will be an Ottawa Senator.

15Trade NEIL Empty Re: Trade NEIL Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:38 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah we have to keep Neiler for now... I think he is valuable, he had a bad season last year but I think he will rebound this year... and plus this year he's going to play on an awesome line, should be fun to watch!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum