GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Markov to Price: Play with heart - or get out

+5
TheAvatar
wprager
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=307852

According to the TEAM990 radio in Montreal, Markov approached the goaltender after the 4-3 loss in overtime and told him "If you are not going to play with heart, stay home. We don't need you here."

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess Markov is on the trade block now. Markov to Price: Play with heart - or get out 235689 Markov to Price: Play with heart - or get out 805406

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'm gonna predict that this is all Montreal Media BS like no other can do.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Mr. Bean thinks he's the GM now, eh? He probably would do a better job that Gainey has done.

Good, hope he gets dealt. Halak is the better goaltender, end of story. Gainey has proved to be a moron though so we'll see.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I will believe this when either Price or Markov confirm it. As someone who listen to those guys nearly everyday, I would not be surprised if this has been completely made up.
That game was a week ago, and all of a sudden when Price is the starter tonight that Dung comes out?

Also, Markov barely speaks to anybody, and during that game Price nearly fought Janssen...
The only thing that makes me scratch my head is that Tony would be one of the more reasonable person of the team990.

TSN ran with it, there is something to it. Gainey has turned The Habs into a running joke. Their team is a mess and has been since Price got there.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

And the 50% Markov 50% Price division in the locker room sounds pretty weird when they win the next 2 games by total domination.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Good, hope he gets dealt. Halak is the better goaltender, end of story. Gainey has proved to be a moron though so we'll see.

I think I would replace Gainey before I trade Price. I prefer Halak like pretty much the majority, but Price is still very young and with potential so I don't see any reason to trade him ASAP. I also don't get why he cannot just be a backup for now.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:Good, hope he gets dealt. Halak is the better goaltender, end of story. Gainey has proved to be a moron though so we'll see.

Why would you hope the worst goalie get traded out of Montreal? We want montreal to send the wrong guy away right? Keep the bad guy, deal the good guy !!!
Ole!

marakh wrote:

I think I would replace Gainey before I trade Price. I prefer Halak like pretty much the majority, but Price is still very young and with potential so I don't see any reason to trade him ASAP. I also don't get why he cannot just be a backup for now.

Price is proving to be a mental wreck. Thats a big fall back as a goaltender. Halak is the guy that will lead The Habs.

TheAvatar wrote:

Why would you hope the worst goalie get traded out of Montreal? We want montreal to send the wrong guy away right? Keep the bad guy, deal the good guy !!!
Ole!

Dah, I cant think that way. I love The Sens but I cant be that much of a homer.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

BTW, Markov has been playing some pretty average hockey since his return. He's the last guy to tell people to be better.

Big George on OTR just said this wasnt true so...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
marakh wrote:

Price is proving to be a mental wreck. Thats a big fall back as a goaltender. Halak is the guy that will lead The Habs.

Still, he has a WJC and a Calder on his resume, and since Montreal is a total mess anyway, that's a lot of pressure to take for a 22 (?) year old goaltender.

I take Halak before Price, but I don't think it's his fault that Huet was traded and that he given the N1 job of a team going into the playoffs at 20 years old, then getting booed by 20,000 people for every save you make when the other 22 players are playing as bad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum